Blocks are reappearing after being broken

It seems to have something to do with how far away from the block I am hitting. Video is with my hammer but have recreated with my shovel as well.
video link here

I’d say it looks more like connection issue. Could you turn on the indicator?
PS4 or PC?

AFAIK this is due to the server calcs syncing back up with local client calcs each second & adjusting your view of the game back to the correct server-led reality. I get it a lot, often when I’m close to or at zero energy. You see it more the more you up your action speed, so I guess that is a contributing factor.

Edit: Just to be clear in case a dev is reading, I am not complaining & would rather deal with this than, say, a fix involving slowing down our action speed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Possible mis-prediction of your tool range by the client? Idk :man_shrugging:

Indeed, the attributes system has misprediction bugs for things like stamina recovery that causes that, can happen with almost anything grappling included.

The other case for this is just if your connection is really bad like with rubberbanding of course, but if your connection is fine and you see this it’s almost certainly the attribute mispredictions

4 Likes

The biggest thing I’ve noticed is that this will happen 100 % of the time if I use my hammer after my first “tick” of energy is restored on the client.

Perhaps a slight delay in the client prediction of energy restoration would be able to remedy this corner case? Enough to cover RTT?

1 Like

This happens all the time on my build on flan. That hubworskhop took sooo long bulld to make becouse i had to do alot of it 2-3 times. :sweat:

Absolutely nothing to do with rtt or anything. It’s just the way the attribute prediction is implemented (slightly broken). The dev responsible is aware, but higher priority work is infront of fixing it.

(and yes, you’re right its that period as energy is about to recover that it occurs in)

7 Likes

I just want to say I think it is absolutely awesome that you show up and give us answers like this.

Thank you.

2 Likes

This happens to me to
I don’t generally mind but then I get rubber banded back a couple of blocks then back which is a little annoying
I am on ps4 that probably has something to do with it

1 Like

Just to clarify,
Ps4, my connection at the time was fine only getting stuck on mattle every now and then. No rubber banding and I have only ever seen it happen on flan. Not saying it doesn’t happen in other places just my experience. Seems already in the bug list so tiz all good. ^^

1 Like

It probably has something to do with my area bad connection in general