Blocks giving minus prestige?

So i understand if some blocks give no preatige at all but giving minus prestige for putting natural blocks is kinda limiting. I was gonna grow grass on my soil but even that gives minus. Is it supposed to be like this? Since on other “olderish” posts of lists says nothing about that. Its either 0 or just 1 the least.

there is no such thing as a negative prestige block.

But prestige is based on the “base prestige” (sum of prestige of blocks) + a bonus percentage based on various other parameters which may become worse due to adding a particular block.

so whilst the block doesnt have a negative prestige, adding it may cause the bonus to decrease so that the final prestige does go down.

1 Like

Awww okay i just wanted to have a pretty yard :cry:

Uhm, isn’t that just a fancy way of saying that it actually does give negative prestige?
End result is that making his “pretty yard” in fact reduces his prestige. Is that really how you want it?

1 Like

Whether it increases or decreases prestige depends on many more variables, it is not the case that “always adding a natural block, prestige will go down”.

I think you should probably just release the secret formula or you’ll get pestered forever about how it works. This is solely for your benefit of course.

1 Like

Corruption lowers final prestige by 5 per block

1 Like

…sometimes. I did a test on all the natural blocks, only gleam gives base prestige afaik. None of the others actually gives negative base prestige, but when I tested they all gave me -1 final prestige (including corruption ofc). It all depends on where you place the block in relation to the rest of the beacon, basically.

Yup claimed some land to be roads today, lost 20k prestiege.

1 Like

That’s just not good. Aesthetic is a definitive part of this game and a player’s choice of aesthetic should never decrease their prestige. Adding zero prestige for placing a block is fine, but reducing a multiplier for placing a block is not fine.

I always thought “natural blocks” means whatever was spawning there when you claimed it, but destroying it and adding your own soil, is that also considered “natural”?

You dont get ‘any’ base prestige for blocks that were part of the generated world, nothing to do with block types here. If you create a beacon off in the wilderness it will always have 0 prestige no matter what blocks are there if you havnt modified the world yet.

I think in general “natural block” is referering to the block type rather than wether or not it existed there before the beacon was placed.

So timber is something that isn’t found in the natural world, but the unprocessed wood is?

@ lucadeltodecso. Strange that you said that. Last i checkI have an underwater base and when i add an extra plot of water above it, my prestige went up. The extra plot of water wasn’t modified but i gained prestige. OR more accurately, my base’s overall prestige went up.

1 Like

Now that you have separate versions of each natural block (DUGUP), does that mean that they can now have a prestige value assigned instead of the zero value of their natural counterparts?

I am so confused by this. I thought it just mattered the size of your property the more prestige the higher tier blocks ie refined the more prestige the more gleam and lanterns and blocks in general. Is there anything out there that explains this?

Doesnt make a difference. Blocks that weren’t placed by a player didnt give prestige anyways, if you go find some wild gleam and beacon it, the gleam wont give you prestige.

(i didnt set up prestige values so cant answer why they were 0 to begin with @olliepurkiss)

1 Like