Blocks marked with worlds

I dont know how hard or if its possible or anything like that this is merely a suggestion. But i think it would be cool if the blocks noted what world they came from in the info menu. it seems blocks from different worlds vary slightly in color. twisted timber from solum, is slightly lighter than that from vulpto, but in a smart stack it can be hard to notice, even more so with rock types. itd be cool if with just a right click you could see what world it came from to make sure youre using the same rock or stone in your build. but just an idea thanks for lookin!

1 Like

So, I don’t think this will be viable. Each block has a unique tint to it which is the color variation that you pointed out. Blocks of the same type but of different tints will not stack normally with each other and will only smart stack with each other. It’s possible that two worlds could contain the same block. Since these blocks would be of the same type and the same tint, they would stack together normally despite being from different worlds. That would make it impossible to track which world each block came from. I think instead what should be displayed is the name of the tint. An example would be something like Green Verdant Grass Seeds and Red Verdant Grass Seeds.

2 Likes

To add a nametag would be problematic, yes … the block colors will not be exclusive for a world so they need to be stackable even if coming from different worlds (else it would become a mess later in the inventory ^^). But for making stuff easier to remember: I think users will later post lists online on which world you find what mat in what color (Gamers do something like that, don’t worry ^^), so even if it will not be ingame, you will have your knowlege :wink:

okay it was just an idea, i figured if each tinted block had a different colored thumbnail that it could also have a bit of text in its info change depending on the thumbnail being displayed . but i know nothing about programming or coding lol so ill just wait for a secondary source to not what colors are from where