Blocktionary?

I’m curious what people think of the idea of a pictionary-like game in Boundless?

Proposed rules:

• A willing player will be chosen at random to be the first builder
  • They will be given a word to build
  • Inside a provided 3x3x3 plotted area, using standardized provided resources, the builder will attempt to build a representation of the word
  • While the builder is building, other players will guess the word
  • The first person to guess the word wins a prize and the chance to be the next builder. If they don’t want to be the builder, they can pass to a friend or to another random choice.

I’m mostly interested in feedback. How will this go wrong? Is a live event impractical with current player numbers? Do you hate nonviolent competitions? Do you think this is an amazing idea?

8 Likes

Wonderful idea … given that you can get enough players to participate.

I’ve found trying to plan things with others from around the world can be …
fun? lol

I would say also a time limit on each word should be set.

2 Likes

I like the idea.

1 Like

I like the idea although I imagine it might be difficult to build something quickly

I’m trying to imagine simple examples, like “car” or “sun” or “flower”, and how long it would take me to make something. Not sure if chiseling would make it easier or harder, or pixel art vs 3d

Other logistical consideration, would the word be given to the builder via whisper (delay in receiving it)? Different tokens in a series of chests?

Hard to make circles in Boundless too

4 Likes

I"m down for this!

1 Like

Love it.

That said like @truus mentioned I don’t think im a fast enough builder for a game like that.
If i know what im doing yeah then im pretty fast.
Also imagining chiseling at some point has to be a thing in Blocktionary.

That said do you plan utilizing reclaim and regen bombing the place? Or just manually tearing it down?

Utilizing reclaim would be a good way to clean up the mess builders made :wink:. But you would then need more build area’s to make up for the reclaim timer.
As you have to wait 2 hours before a beacon is reclaimable.

1 Like