Blueprint developer insight from 2015

Is there any chance we see more on this, discussion or otherwise, @james ?

Or perhaps this is such an old discussion it found it’s way in to the game in other ways (plot system /mass craft)?

As someone who was not around during this time, it’s be helpful to understand context here and if blueprints are something the developer team has been working on throughout these years.

1 Like

I would love this.

I believe the sanctum editor is the first step towards the pre fab system.
Check the release notes from gleambow version pretty sure there was something there which explained it

1 Like

I don’t have time to look it up right now. If someone can post the snippet of it, that’d be great. Otherwise I’ll look for it when things settle here.

Thanks for the insight.

Sanctum Editor:

• Added a new debug panel from the F1 menu, currently only available on Windows, for editing the Sanctum locally.
  • You will be able to fly in the editing-sanctum, use the F9 give menu and break/place/chisel whatever you want.
  • The editing-sanctum will display a character model for where the player would normally spawn during the tutorial and normal runs of the game, as well as the tutorial totem and warp-augment (not collectable) to avoid breaking the tutorial flow.
  • The F9 give menu now has a button for “give in-world selected” which will give you a full stack of whatever block you are looking at with your character in-game.
  • The Sanctum Editor is the tool we used to create the default Sanctum and decorate it for the Lovestruck event.
  • This editor is a first step towards an in-game prefab builder
1 Like

There is a nice blueprint system in a game called “Empyrion - Galactic Survival”. I don’t know alot about it, i have seen it used in youtube videos.

1 Like

The saving builds/blueprint ability was one of my favorite things about the game Lego Worlds. The building in that game itself was a bit tricky, but being able to copy, save, and paste stuff at will was great. Would absolutely love to see it here.

1 Like

It’s coming that’s why we had the sanctum event the sanctum will be a template maker if I am not mistaken I heard even that they gonna be sellable but don’t know who was source so also not sure

2 Likes