Bomb Mining Nerf, Not all Doom and Gloom

Where do you get your pies? I cant be bothered getting those exotic yams i have no idea how to gather them efficiently. 360 is alot for the masscraft so i wouldnt have to go for them again in awhile. I also still need to figure out how to get 1x9 aoe but thats another story.

Since the other guy spilt the beans, bomb mining is still viable - if nobody else bomb mined that hotspot, which serp was bombed to hell and back earlier, even 3k blocks away from hubs. I got 120 gems in 2hrs and several hundred ores and about 800 coal. 4m aoe titanium bombs have worked really well for me, i have 5.5m ape amethyst bombs that just blow up way too big of a hole and destroy even more resources, and 3m aoe is just a tad too small, missing out on uncovering some nice resources. So id say 160 gems in 2hrs just mining everything, meaning a lot of grind still, but not the worst thing, it was just a lot easier to mine when resources were left hanging. I wouldnt mind a 50% cut in drops if it meant resources were still left hanging, cuz really that was the fun part. So all in all maybe 100-120 gems an hr if you ONLY mined gems and nobody blew the spots to bell

Les say how many gems you can get in 1 hour.
Tell me what your method you can get in 1 hour and then we can discuss which way is faster.

Because we have different standard of good ā€œmethodā€.
I already tried the way u mention earlier on other post, the result for me is wasting time + wasting materials to craft bomb for extra cost.

If you can give the prove that bomb mining not dead, then I owe you an apology for that.

Right now for me the 9 block forge hammer is way faster than anything.

Donā€™t tell me about new player here, because this change not only affect to new players also old players as well.

For old players bomb mining right now is 100% wasting time in my opinion.
The reason is really simple, the cost to forge 7m bomb is way expansive than a 9 block hammer.

The cost to craft 9 block hammer only equal to 4-5m forge bomb.

1 Like

You dont want 7m bomb, just 3 or 4m, far less waste and still viable.

and how many gems you can get in 1 hour. Lets say average numbers.

If i can one shot 9 blocks with my forge 9 block hammer, there is no reason for me to use the bomb to soft the rocks.

Before I started making them I went through and bought them from @Jiivita 's shop connected to Sparta in the biitula PS Hub.

Yeah the damage is going to be a little bit crazy for awhile if there are folks like me with large AoE bombs to use up. I may spend some time doing my own testing on it later, but I do prefer hammering for the xp. I still donā€™t have the plots needed for my build.

Read my post a few replies up my dude, and i dont use bombs to soften rocks, just pure blow a hole up and mine the edges

As someone who does both, you are correct. For you and me, bomb mining for efficiency is no longer an option. Its only if we want to blow something up for fun, which some of us donā€™t have the playtime for if we want to gather resources for our projects/shops. Iā€™m just looking at ways to make the mid tier bomb mining viable for people because not everyone is going to want to do the hammer grind for diamonds for coils like a few of us did on release.

So you only use 1/3rd of a hammer in an hr of constant hammering? And wahts your mining method if you dont mind me asking. Type of hammer too. Im trying to get the 1x9 hammers from forge but i still need to go get more sapphires to make the boon juice

Also whats the name of jiviitas shop?

Your way is like destroy 90% of source and take the 10% leftā€¦
Again how many gems / materials you can get in 1 hour.
This is a fair question if you are trying to convince us bomb mining is not dead.

With my ruby 9 block forge hammer i can still get at least average 80 - 100 gems in 1hr.

• ruby 9 block forge hammer, i can destroy 9 rock in 1 shot. 2 shots for source.

Take the pie + durability reduce skill , that hammer can use for long time.

But the problem is, the cost to forge that hammer is not worth to use that to grind gems lol.

Please donā€™t tell me old players need to use iron / titanium hammer to grind for minus the cost.
This means all the gems tools become useless.

1 Like

How much is a forged Titan bomb?

Like 5-8k depending, but normal are 2-3k

In 1 1/2 to 2hr - 120 diamonds, 900 coal between medium and hard, 700 ores - 100 titanium and 150 gold rest iron and copper, 1800 stones. Ill have to do again efficiently to give better number and keep proper track, but thats basically what it is

9 AOE hammer is end-game now for you.

Bomb mining is still good for mid-tier players as proven here.

Bomb mining is NOT dead, it just has a new role.

You were going to take the path of least resistance anyways, so keep using your AOE hammers, itā€™s faster.

Iā€™m not sure, its not through one of the portals, its just on a little plot next to Sparta on the Biitula PS hub.

I eat a persistence pie and swing as fast my stubby little rock man arms can go. Iā€™m using a 3x3 diamond hammer with non-maxed damage and attraction. It allows me to two shot rocks and three shot resources.

Bombs blow up sphere volume of resources and reveal sphere surface area of resources. I donā€™t mean to state the obvious but at a 3:R ratio of loss AND the amount of ground that bombers are encouraged to cover to make up for it, Iā€™m not sure that itā€™s particularly great for everyone involved.

In general I think that if you can hammer 20 blocks faster than set up a bomb charge then you are better off using hammers. If not then you can certainly use bombs to some effect, but must take up more space.

Bomb mining is total death , mining is now total bored i use iron bombs on Besevrona light blue spot my first test minig diamonds.
i use 3x bags but very bad in many times bomb destroyed resource and rock stay:( i use it only for help to hammer 2 bomb 1hit hammer rock or 2 hits resource.dont know how is possible when bomb destroy resource and rock stay.
after 5 hours terrible and bored work i have ONLY 15 amethyst but i have 18 destroyed iron hammer 4x titanium hammer 3 bags iron bombs and 7200 rock in my inventory .But when anyone cant sleep go use hammer and after 20min in rock mountain sleep fast.in cave i find only 2 amethys and in amethys zone is very few others resource.after this i respec reset atmospere protections adn go back to t4 plante after 1 hour i have with only hammer 1800 iron cooper and 200 silver 80 gold and many other.

You can check my thread, in 1 hour I had 40 amethyst, I used 1.5 titanium bomb bags and broke 2 iron hammers.

Yup bomb mining hurts everybody even more now, but still works for me lol