Bonus Damage on Blocks like Fortnite

Farming blocks and resources would be more enjoyable if there were a mini-game attached to it, so when I swing my hammer or axe, maybe if I hit a specific part of the block I can do a little bonus damage, like Fortnite.

This way I’m engaged in the cutting down the tree, and if I do well, I could cut it down faster, so it’s less boring.

6 Likes

Uuuuh, that is awesome suggestion!!!
+1

Please excuse my self-promotion. :slight_smile:

I also felt the same way before and made this post. At some points between posting that and today, I also thanked the game that mining/harvesting woods is as primitive as it is now so I can just relax and not feel like I’m missing out on something. Though this does not mean we couldn’t make it better. :smiley:

3 Likes

Why?

We can already have crazy amounts of extra damage with builds that make it so we can blow through blocks very fast and at high damage. I don’t think mining needs this, however, for digging and lumberjacking, sure. Gathering stuff from those gathering methods is beyond brain dead boring.

I guess if this idea was to add a chance to proc an effect to explode an area of blocks (something like 2x2x2 or a random connection of blocks between 2 and 5 in a random line) and leave the blocks to be collected might be worth looking at.

It’s very true that something needs to be done to make tree chopping and soil digging less stupidly boring. Then again, after a while of doing mining with a hammer and bombs it can be pretty boring too.

1 Like

If they implemented this decision (Rust does it as well) they would probably have to increase the health of all blocks and then tie the game to luck. Maybe hitting the bonus increases your chance of crit on the following hit by 50% or something.

Maybe it is a good idea for a Luck epic so it’s locked behind a skillset and we don’t need to change block health. Decent idea, for sure.

1 Like