Books and a press

Books were a wonderful element in minecraft, and while boundless is no minecraft. I feel that haveing craftable books would allow an easier spread of ideas and player made lore. The way it would work is you would build a blank book useing 2x hide 1x timber 1x glue and 1x ink. You could write to your hearts desire then press done and have one finished book. Then you would build a press, the press would be a new machine consisting of 1 block for each instead of four. The press would have two inputs and output. One input would be for your written book “finished”, the other input for a blank book. And the ruesult would be a copy of your original book at the cost of spark, allowing players to use bulk and mass crafting to publish books ingame, imagine your ideas and experience on someones shop shelf. Imagine huge libraries full of player written material. We need this bad! -thanks

12 Likes

I love how your concept for the printing press Is fleshed out!

4 Likes

yes this would be awsom. I am reminded of the vast library’s in Ultima online. this would add depth and dare I say a touch of culture to an already great game.

3 Likes

I would love to create a library. And drop „propaganda“ books into unsuspecting people’s inventories as they walk by.

4 Likes

Plz devs I need more RP items! We have a sandbox with various tools, but no toys to fill it with! Signs are a good start, next we need books, book shelves, triggers, switches, powered doors, ladders, useable furniture, props like kettles, dishes, trophies, toys/figurines, relics, statues, idols and more! We want to fill our builds and our worlds with stuff and things! We want to write stories and experience adventures! The more varied the stuff, the better!

9 Likes

I have a strange feeling that our universe is about to get a whole lot bigger… :dizzy:

3 Likes

I really like this… I’d love to write lore books and all to spread around. Plus tutorial books, that would be really useful.

2 Likes

We can’t forget the bookshelfs! :joy:

2 Likes

I definitely want to be a librarian!! I need a huuuge library! This is my favourite idea for an addition so far… so many possibilities

3 Likes

“understanding the basics”
“Forging for beginners”
“recipe book 101”

I want to start writing!!

4 Likes

YES. YEEES. I also want to make a statue of my character to place next to my palaces fountains.

Edit: Ah you mentioned statues too!

3 Likes