[Borld I] – [T7 - Savage Umbris Exoworld]

Some goodies while boulder hunting… gems and goo.

4 Likes

Note on the Umbris, see what you all think:

It has a huge range, but it appears to me that the sweet spot varies based on the surface altitude. There have been times I’ve seen tons in the 120s, but noticed in a big hotspot here it was about empty. So I worked my way upwards - also realized I was seeing a lot of hard coal, too. Hard coal means 50+ blocks above you to the surface. Found the sweet spot again when I started seeing a bunch of large and medium fossils again, at this case, at alt 200. And in this spot, everybody appears to have been working below that. :wink:

… So, if seeing hard coal still, try working your way to just above that, especially if you’re in a torn-up area - those hotspots still pretty lit up still, so it is there!

5 Likes

More on this, as I think I’ve figured out how to best tell where you are and stay in a great layer. I’m mining the big hotspot in the -190, -880 region. Medium fossils are found 5-50 below surface. Large fossils are found 5-60 below surface. If you are seeing no fossils, go higher. If seeing both medium and large, keep going working lower to where you see mediums stop, then stay right there or a little above.

I’m doing the best Umbris mining I’ve ever done right now: seems to me sweet spot is around 50 below the surface, and you can use the fossils to determine your depth. Large fossils with no medium ones = 50-60 below. So as I see mediums, I go down a block or two each time I spot them to make sure I’m not working too high. Large alone, work up a little.

… Too good not to share. :joy:

5 Likes

Why do I have to be at work when this is so active lol. I made it there yesterday late in the day, first timer on an exo so had to learn a few of these tactics. But man was it fun!

1 Like

Great tips @bucfanpaka! A miner’s soul :fist:

1 Like

Thanks!! :smile: Know what is funny - I actually was applying my IRL rockhound mentality to this a little… indicator minerals. :wink: “Self, I see a lot of hard coal here, and strikes me that usually isn’t with a lot of Umbris!” Like around here, if there is a large, dark rock formation jutting out of the ground or side of a hill, surrounded by a layer of light sand or talc… most people just see an unusual rock. Me, I see a great place to dig… 'cause that’s an ultramafic body, and corundum crystals (rubies and sapphires) often form on the contact zones on the edges. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Likewise, see an area of stream with a lot of quartz sand about - break out the gold pans, haha!

Anyways, it could be the best spot is a little higher than 50 under, but using that technique will keep you from straying from an area at least really good.

3 Likes

I found very interesting too “reading” the surface landscape from underground looking at the resources.

1 Like

Is that real? If it is. WILL THAT UMBRIS REGEN?

1 Like

Well okay then, I’ll go to the exo

Are there any tokens to get there?

Several at my shop on Lasaina earlier as well as a few more completed atlases.

1 Like

Wow I’ve never seen so much umbris before. I’m gonna need a lot more hammers

2 Likes

Yeah I pulled at least 10ss umbris outta there. Went through like 6 stacks of hammers maybe more. Great spot by soju. So much left too.

3 Likes

Only got 624 tonight, I’ll have to try again tomorrow

2 Likes

Pretty good emerald/amethyst overlap area around here, with lots of fossils and not much lava, just some water. Not much time left on the exo I know, but may run a taxi to here in a little bit, will put it on the main community events channel if so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

2.5 hours left!

its gone now!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.