Bought my daughter Boundless and she's a swamp rat

She’s set up her base in a tree in a swampy area lol. I keep trying to tempt her to my ice cave and although she visits and helps herself to the things I leave on the shelves for her, she’s just far too happy living in a tree. I love that Boundless gives her the freedom to do that!

30 Likes

hehe cool :slight_smile:

She might be onto something, swamps are great source of peaty soil ingredient of my fave fuel compact peat.
Swamps are underestimated :smiley: Water, fuel, they do have some nice features :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Ooo, you’re right - maybe she is on to something. We’re very early into the game so we’re not really sure yet what’s useful later on and what’s not, but we’re enjoying finding out!

4 Likes

This is the awesome. :grin:

5 Likes

Yes, the awesome indeed :grin:

6 Likes

When you are small your little backyard seem huge and a tree like that must be universe like.
Magic.

I remember coming back to some magical places of my childhood and being surprised how small they really are… that tree might seem like that to her one day, but for now let her enjoy seemingly infinite kingdom of leaves and branches. Her universe will grow as time goes by and she might visit your cave then, going “wow, I can’t believe I didn’t want to leave my tree”.

4 Likes

I totally understand what you mean. Up until a few years ago I was thoroughly convinced my grandfather had lived in a mansion until I took a trip over to Ireland and did a pass by - it was not a mansion at all, just a 3 story house lol. But in this case my daughter is 13 and she stands about 4 inches taller than me lol. We’ve been using my plots to build my place, and then we’re heading to the swamp to build her a treehouse :smiley:

5 Likes

Haha - thats a different story altogether lol.
Whereabouts in Ireland if I may ask?

1 Like

A place called Dalkey which is on the edge of Dublin and not too far from where I lived as a child which was Dun Laoghaire. I moved to the UK when I was nine so I don’t even sound Irish anymore lol.

2 Likes

That was a simple jump over to UK from Dalkey. :wink:
I’m based in Killarney - a proper culchie so.

2 Likes

Killarney is very beautiful, my dad took me there once or twice when I was little. Can’t remember too much of it other then it was very green, like most of the Emerald Isle really lol.

2 Likes

The biome diversity gives you awesome opportunities to have a unique living space. It suits so many individual tastes, from the king of the mountain to the swamp rat to the lava loving underdweller. It is cool to see not only the gorgeous buildings but the creative way players manipulate their environment.
I’m building on a flat open icy plain. My ideal space open to the sky with few obstacles to traverse. What is your ideal space?

2 Likes

Yours sounds like a lovely plan. I’m trying to build a palace within a mountain, with the top of the palace being the top of the mountain and inside the mountain I want a maze of dark and lit hallways leading to maybe a few open spaces and a few pretty things and good finds. My daughter is going to hollow out her tree and make it wider. She doesn’t need much in there as we set up a portal that leads from our mountain to her tree so we keep all the machines in the mountain.

3 Likes

Your mountain mansion sounds awesome! If only it were possible to decorate a few rooms with skeletons, it would be a creepy surprise!

1 Like

We are almost neighbours, Im down in Clonakilty wesht cork :smiley:

1 Like

maybe we are neighbours in game too? Therka is not that big

My build is called Ice Top, its not far from Glacier Citadel. Iv no idea what the coordinates are as iv never looked lol. where are you based?

I have my main settlement in ice biome. Its called Moria.
Moebius Plaza has a portal leading there (its signed of course so easy to find).
I also run shop called BAY Mart just across the road from plaza.
We could meet now if you have nothing planned.

Iv actually been to your build, my portal on the plaza is just a few over from you. Cant meet up now as Iv got to work in the Morning but will be back on tomorrow :slight_smile:

cool we shall hang out sometime soon