Bouncy Feet Quirk kills you

This would be a GREAT quirk if it actually worked!

But it doesn’t. You take 1000 damage if you jump. 2000 damage falling from 4 blocks.
It is a death quirk.

Maybe remove until it is fixed?

3 Likes

Haha I forge one hammer with this quirk as well.
I was thinking about who design this stupid quirk until someone tell me its a bug XD
I died for 7 times by using that hammer for some rock grind lol. (Too lazy to go home to switch the new hammer)
Basically when i hold it, and i jump, and i kill myself lol.

1 Like

Three gem slingshots ruined with it. Rest was great but tried to use it and died 4 times rather quickly, it’s silly that it has thus effect. This is more like a very bad defect!

1 Like

Does it stack with the jump bonus skill? If so… it could still be useful combined with a sling bow.

It would kill you upon landing, every time you jump.

1 Like

We will be looking at Fall damage and how inertia is calculated soon, which will also include resolving the damage from this quirk. Sorry this one is taking a while for us to address!

12 Likes

So ya saying “don’t throw those slings in the river”?

Awesome! I was about to type up a bigger post about fall damage, or rather how it’s inertia damage when maybe it should take a more static calculation of damage into consideration as well (if possible), which takes into account the height you last were in contact with the floor at and the height you land at. I’ve had it a couple of times where I would jump up somewhere and still manage to take fall damage because of accelerated impact. Not to mention mobs pushing you around as well.

Even just jumping up and down on certain things causes fall damage (for example baskets). The first jump is with holding down space (5 damage), the second jump is with letting go:

Receiving tons of damage randomly has been one of my biggest sources of frustration in the game, especially because I went with agility and the jump height epic early on for quality of life, which only made things worse… but I don’t want to live without them despite the issues! I’m glad it’s being addressed.

Anyway, back to topic: got grapples from Moonies with Bouncy Feet and One Jump Ahead and they are hilarious, albeit useless. Sometimes 3 randomly triggered jumps are enough to kill you.

2 Likes

nice if u don’t like someone…here mate…have this hammer :wink:…(walks away slowly…: evil laugh:…Mw…MWha…MwHA.MWHAHAHA!

200px-Drevil_million_dollars

2 Likes

The double jump comes in handy when mining. But I don’t leave it in hand when mining

I didn’t mean slingbow, I meant grappling hook. Which prevents fall damage.

Why not just add a independent variable which modifies it based on each players character sheet, if they can jump 4x as high, adjust the number accordingly and run a check, whenever the inertia is calculated to modify the base number based on the persons character sheet. This in return would make people with higher jumps, take less fall damage… however if someone can jump four times higher, they should also be able to withstand falls from greater heights.

2 Likes

But if the qwerk makes it so you’re walking on trampoline blocks all the time shouldn’t it Stop the fall DMG and not add to it? IV got a sling bow with it and I can manage to use it ok… But that’s probably because you don’t take DMG while it’s deployed.

I’m sure it does when not combined with Bouncy Feet, hehe. Currently the combination of the two is very deadly.

Made a hammer with Bouncy Feet and 1 Jump Ahead - Suicidal!

1 Like

I just crafted some fun bags (:rofl:bombs), with bouncy, aggravation, and the night/day damage thingy quirks, light source, full area damage, and 18 knock back. Ended up with -850 damage too, so basically screaming and bouncing through the night blasting everything all over the place :star_struck:. But I guess they’ll have to wait…
Deadly ground quirk is deadly ground quirk smh

1 Like

I’d just like to bring this ‘dead’ subject up again.

I have no jumping perks, no speed ones, I got this quirk on a spanner I was using for a quick and cheap loot magnet/light stick. I thought to myself “hey, this’ll be kinda cool”.
I was wrong :frowning:

Please could we get a fix for it?

EDIT: Oops, should’ve said, I got that damage from just jumping once on the spot. It happened each time I jump when testing it :stuck_out_tongue:

The fix will probably come when they do the fall damage adjustments

this. this. this.

and this!

Can we talk about this again?

1 Like