Boundless Appreciation Day/Weekend

There seemed to be some interest is creating a day/weekend where all of us playing the game and lurking the forums could come together on one day to show support for the game and the community.

I wanted to take a quick poll to gauge interest on a community event where all players that play the game and all the old players that still visit the forums could come online for maybe 15-30 mins (could be an all day/weekend event) and standup together for nothing more than supporting the game we love or loved at some point. If there is enough interest I will be more than happy to start organizing this and making it happen.

With that said, if you would like to see an event like this and would gladly attend… let us know!

• I support the idea and will attend
  • I support the idea, but will not attend
  • I do not support this.

0 voters

edits: changed topic and text to day/weekend event

6 Likes

I think it should be “Appreciation Weekend” so everyone can attend, across time zones…

Regards,

5 Likes

@ciprianb updated topic to Day/Weekend as it is still just an idea at this point.

1 Like

what days and times and where will this be taking place?

1 Like

@GravityThatBinds I am just trying to gauge interest at this point and see if we have enough support for this. If we say get 5 people interested, I don’t think it would be worth organizing, but if we get a large percentage of the community interested I will gladly solidify the details such as time/date and other items.

Next steps would be:

• Dates/Times
  • Events
  • Meeting places
  • Other ideas
1 Like

Gotcha

Summary

10 chars

1 Like

I noticed a few people not supporting this. I am sure some of you may not want to break anonymity, but if you don’t mind doing that and sharing your concerns about an event like this I’d love to hear them in an effort to make an event best for the community.

3 Likes

I’ll give the poll a day or so and have @majorvex close this.

Just some additional thoughts on this and some ideas I have had…

• Have events during the day/weekend (hunts, build contest, etc.)
  • Have meetups on different homeworlds if the event has more than 80 people.
  • Give out some prizes … who doesn’t like free stuff!
  • Maybe do some advertising to generate interest (reddit, steam, gaming sites)
  • In game signage in some of the major hubs (TNT, PS, Ultima Network)
  • Try and get some form of Dev/Wonderstruck/Larian involvement (longshot I know, but one can hope)

I have so many ideas … but we can save that for a new post and gather ideas. I’m excited … let’s make this happen.

I will attend if not busy on the weekend chosen

1 Like

Thanks @Phyre-Fly I will let you know more info when I can.

1 Like

You are welcome

Thank you all for participating in the poll. I am going to close this poll as it has been just about a day. I feel we have enough interest to warrant some planning. Let me get a new thread started about gathering some ideas.

1 Like

Can Not Vote…

@Turrican2006 I closed the poll yesterday. I had it up for 24 hours and figured that would be enough time to get a rough idea if people were interested. The overwhelming majority was for this, so we are moving on to generating and gathering ideas.

The idea post is here:

1 Like