Outdated - Boundless Code of Conduct

Yes, because this is clearly not allowed in the CoC and you knew that when you wrote this post. If you want to do that you’ll need to find another game or hope they change the CoC.

This is a game, not a place for your deeper beliefs.

4 Likes

Did you read what I responded to or?? The guy is the one who brought it up. Not myself. Or maybe you are agreeing with me. I am not sure.

2 Likes

Why is it that in every Code of Conduct thread I’ve ever read people post stuff that breaks the code of conduct?

2 Likes

Guys, we’re going through a little something here, the north gate of Blacklight has been WALLED UP, the bridge that belongs to us was blocked up, we have screenshots of the threatening conversation and now they’re opening an adjacent gate to block the traffic from us, can we get a fix here? Seriously, we play by the rules, road has been blocked by R - - - - - - -E as a form of griefing, because they don’t like our ‘aesthetics’ but we don’t like their surrounding wall either… Can any admin get in contact? We’re in pheminorum, on the former north gate of blacklight, which is now obstructed intentionally.

2 Likes

If that’s the player’s character name you’d better edit it out and use the in-game report function as naming is not allowed.

3 Likes

Thanks, yeah, I didn’t know that.

2 Likes

If people beliefs do not matter in this game why are not allowed then
Literally the first building I made was a little chapel.

Are you talking about Israel?
Yes very sad indeed.
I only hope players can express themselves without being banned for their ideologies.
It’s only a game after all.

Wow now THAT is just rude. Calling someone’s beliefs ‘derpy’. You are not a nice person.

This looks like a spelling mistake to me - probably should be “deeper”.

For future reference… please keep these conversations on topic… about the topic. Not the people in it.

1 Like

Me and two other Players reported a Plot wich is blocking my build for over 1 month now and nothing happens…
Is the report-flood to big? or is the plot not griefing?

1,019N - 1,771E Alt:65 (Plot is empty)

1 Like

As far as I know, there’s no rule against someone putting a plot next to your build, they jus’ can’t surround you.

Wow than the player can go to towns plot an empty plot behind a built (if there is the only way to expand) and grief you in that way?

In this Situation The Sunken City will die soon.

A team of 2 to 4 Players could grief a whole town if the plot with different Plots around it and than its not ‘griefing’?

No offense i just want to get it right.

That’s how the settlement mechanic works.

If you have a plot like this

X X X
X X X
X X X

And someone walks up and puts a single plot down here as represented by “P”

X X X
X X X P
X X X

That isn’t griefing as far as I know, they just become part of the settlement.

If they did this

P P P P P
P X X X P
P X X X P
P X X X P
P P P P P

That is considered griefing.

I have a couple of questions about this line:

Firstly, How does this work in relation to single beacons that have been put down with the sole purpose of staking an interest ‘for some future date’ and no other work has gone into them for a couple of weeks? In my opinion:

• They clearly don’t want it that much if it’s been several weeks with no work or sign of the owner.
  • I don’t believe a single speculative plot should be enough to lay claim to a nice area with the expectation that when you do come back to it, you have priority over anyone who came afterwards.

Secondly, What if the intent isn’t to stop them expanding, but to actually claim the land because you want it? Is the intent part of decision about whether it is griefing? Is it a somewhat naive ‘plotted all around is always greifing’, or is it a more nuanced case-by-case assessment?

I’ve seen enough of the ‘If you wanted it, you should have plotted it’ statements around the forums across various land disputes, but am hoping for some more official clarification.

2 Likes

T: town
O:own plot
P:other players plot (griefer?)
W: Wild Plots

TTTTTTTTTTPPWW
TTOOOOOOPPWW
TTOOOOOOPPWW
TTOOOOOOPPWW
TTOOOOOOPPWW
TTTTTTTTTTPPWW

Like this is my Situation, sorry for explaining this bad im german

1 Like

Maybe you can try to discuss with any “T” players with spare plots.
I am in the same situation myself (blocking people on one side and keeping them trapped).

I would gladly give my plots, If they decide to login and play again.
But right now, this space is claimed by me, I dont want more density on this side because newcomers keep trying to start beacon here or cutting down tree (nope sorry! there is plenty of space and trees elswhere, :wink:)

Not much can be done in this case as it’s how the game works right now.

Best solution is when you are placing your plots down is to grab a bit of extra land so you can expand when needed or make roads connecting to the city if able and figure anything outside of it is fair game.

What if you did this:

XXXXXXX
XWWWWX
XWWWWX
XXXXXXX

To claim a region, and someone did this:

XXXXXXX
XWWPWX
XWWWWX
XXXXXXX

And then you did this as part of your initial plan:

XXXXXXX
XXXXPXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX

Is that considered griefing if you initially had clearly outlined the area you wanted to claim?

Don’t attribute malice to something that could just as easily be attributed to ignorance

2 Likes