Outdated - Boundless Code of Conduct

counts plotting in the direct neighbourhood (without encircling) as stopping someone from expanding?

I think it may be best to avoid posting a real life address in game, and honestly, it probably shouldn’t be posted on the forums. Even if you don’t live there any more, Someone does, and it opens them to real-life grieffing, which can be dangerous (swatting, anyone?). The name Morningwood Pier is probably sufficiently different though, seeing as there could be any number of streets, towns, products, people, with the name Morningwood in existence. It’s a pretty name, btw. :slight_smile:

Sigh does it really matter? It is public domain/knowledge anyways.

@WidowMaker It may be public domain, but there’s no need to draw attention to someone’s home for no reason. There are people out there who will do nasty things to others, just because they can…

@molav That is true, but at the same time, almost anything can be twisted around to be perverted, racist, etc, and anyone can find a way to be offended at almost anything if they want to. In the end, it all comes down to the dev’s best judgement. Though I hope they take into account all sides of a story… if someone reported Morningwood Pier as being offensive, I hope they talk to the owner first and get his/her story too. After all, the guy is naming it after a childhood street, which makes the person who reported it the real pervert, cause their mind went there…

1 Like

I don’t think they directly meant you, rather the hypothetical person reporting the name… and even still, this sounds like a foot-in-mouth miss-speak sort of situation, not something intended to cause personal offense.

1 Like

I didn’t directly mean molav, and I’m sorry if it was taken that way. It is as Havok40k said, a hypothetical person, and yes I probably did stick my foot in my mouth. Apologies all around. I stand by the statement though…

PS from me, ‘pervert’ isn’t even an insult. I’m the biggest pervert I know, so how the heck can I judge?

So, I’m reviving this topic to ask :
@james On the forums, is it actually ok to have an avatar depicting your political party, as if to say “hey look everyone, here’s who I’m voting for!”

Not that I’d ever consider doing it myself, but at least one player does it on these forums (I won’t ‘shame’ that player by saying his/her username, but I’m sure he/she will recognize himself/herself) and I find it so out of place, I went here to check if it was allowed.

With the current general discussion on the Internet about Hong Kong and how China tries to control US companies through censoring, tied with the recent Blizzard debacle where they banned Blitzchung from their Hearthstone tournament for saying “Free Hong Kong” on livestream, I’d figure it’d be incredibly bad to pull that kind of stunt here.
I’ve noticed at least two other players using a “No politics” avatar to, I guess, say “don’t do that”. I’d join them, but I’d rather also post this message.
Goblinounours_NoPolitics

7 Likes

One thing about this that actually makes me very curious, is that the reward boxes make such a pattern, when they’re fully opened. :thinking:

It makes me think a little, even though I bet it’s unintentional.

The above is a very good point, too.

There’s at least 6 of us with that icon. @DKPuncherello had it first tho.

Also I can’t think of any game forum that actually allows any political stuff. And just for instance Bungie had a design on an armor piece that ended up resembling a radical movement of some sort and they changed the armor design on it because of the slight similarities

1 Like

Did they ever change the boundless psn trophy that looks kinda like a swastika?

I don’t think so. If I’m wrong I’ll make an edit.

Not sure if these were the two in question

But there may be one even closer as I’m missing a handful of trophies since I never did any objectives after the basic tutorial

A “No politics” logo i think i have seen that around also :smiley: I will keep it till things are changed. I don’t feel it should be something allowed also. The game and forums should be a place of peace and release. Would they allow a religious logo, or a hate logo?

2 Likes

If politics are not allowed on the forums, then I am also against this silly stunt of people putting an icon of „no politics“ as their profile picture.

For starters, it causes me to think you are all the same person.

Furthermore, if the point of the no politics rule that most games seem to have is because people come here to get away from such things, then the people sporting a „no politics“ logo are almost as bad as people who sport a political logo or talk about politics, You are causing people to see the words „No politics“ and therefore induce people to think about politics when it may not have even been on their mind.

They do not need to be constantly reminded every time they look at any post you may have posted, and in that regards I would almost say it may even be worse then talking about political things because you are infecting every single topic with the seed while you have that profile icon on.

Stop it.

6 Likes

I would be happy to remove my logo, if the other logos in question are removed. I didn’t have a logo for the longest time. Well it was an “R”.

1 Like

I am not sure what logos you are referring to, but you can always report players to James.

2 Likes

Yea I will not go into detail though a friend of mine did.

Thank the person who started putting political statements in his/her avatar, don’t blame the messenger.

@devs: please mod on this, I have reported the person with politics a few times already

2 Likes

I have been away from the forums for a week or so, so it seems like something new that I am unaware about has happened. but I will blame everyone equality when both sides of the situation add fuel to the fire.

3 Likes

I hope that no icons are banned outside of truly adult or graphic content. People should be able to fly their flags and deal with the social consequences. I wouldn’t want anyone running around with some seriously graphic stuff, but if it’s just a political ad that would be all over tv anyway, I don’t see the problem.

4 Likes

I was wondering what all these no politics avatars were coming from.

I havn’t actually seen anyone with a political profile picture yet, but I suppose that’s a good thing, right?