// Boundless Fan Magazine \\

(sorry i messed up the other post, i accidently posted, mid post, while i was writing a post!.. dawg)

A couple days ago me and @RogueOp put our heads together and started working on a boundless fan mag, and now we need your help! Send us your ideas for articles, ads, stories, fanfiction, drawings, builds, communities, whatever you can think of you would like to share with the community, you can mail us to boundlessfanmag@gmail.com! If you have an idea, please include a written section where you explain your idea, and provide screenshots.

Hesitate no longer and become a reporter today!

20 Likes

Well, I have some work to do it seems :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes sir! Get those short stories, screens, ads, drawings and builds in so we can showcase what the Boundless community has to offer. Looking forward to going through everything. Cheers!

4 Likes

How about
“Build of the week”
Also interviews would be nice

3 Likes

Yes! We are also toying with that idea, but therefore we need builds! and where to find them!
So send in anything you would have that you would like to share (and builds! :slight_smile: )

1 Like

So is this gonna be forum based ?
Was just thinking why not use forum PM system as you can upload pics there too?

It will be released on the forums yes, and probably in pdf form if thats possible, otherwise i will provide a link to where people can download it.

And if you prefer to talk over PM about it that can work too!

Some Travel Reports would be an idea.
We should show up all these nice stuff that people are creating.

Small Howtos to the main theme of the Magazin would be amazing too.
That means, set each Magazine you (@TrueLost) want to do to a special theme, announce it here some weeks before the exemplar will get released. People can contribute under the main theme things they want to say about till a special dead line date.
That can be News, Gossips, Comics, Travel Logs, HowTos, or even just Comments&Thoughts.

And the Idea about the “Build of the Week” by @Buugi is great, but in reason of the work that such an Magazine will create, i would suggest to call it “Build of the Month” and at the end of the Year there will be a vote about the “Build of the Year”.

3 Likes

Yes to start we are going to be releasing it monthly then depending on the response and work we will look at a different timeline. @Buugi Build of the Month or Build Spotlights we will be doing :grinning:

1 Like

Aye, we kind of had a similar idea, we’re just reaching out now to gather info for the first issue. We will improve, enhance on the next and so forth!

UPDATE I

The mag is coming along nicely and we have well over 10 pages of content already and articles in the works , but we are still looking for more! To be specific:
- Ads (Tell us about your shop/mall and we will come take a pic, and place your
coords!)
- Freeform articles ( Journal like, how a player spends his time in boundless, could
be anything!)
- Something Funny ( Go bananas!)
- ??? (something we haven’t thought about yet? Let us know!)

Reach out through PM or mail to boundlessfanmag@gmail.com where @RogueOp and i can access them both. We are aiming for the first issue to be released on the forum in PDF Booklet on 31st of January.

1 Like

Ore Prices would be cool, for maybe 5 or 6 popular locations i.e. Legendville, Gyosha Mall, Naughty Mall etc. If nothing else to drive interest in trading, give the new players some glimpse of life beyond endless portal jumping to find a price they are simply willing to settle for since they are tired of jumping.

Also shop recommendations would be awesome, I imagine that if it gained enough popularity keeps could post prices and mass craft orders to put up in conjunction with the monthly release… I could bake like 500 Pers Pies and post my price, you guys helping people find my shop since there is no other way beyond jumping randomly through Imoco gate and searching the pies specifically, or of course being super sweaty with a very risky 3rd party scanner jumping through all gates in order to buy low and sell high… to… only other people who use a 3rd party scanner because who jumps through gates hitting K and searching for pie prices…
A blurb about the official Discord and the hunt bot.
Just some ideas. Hopefully it can help make the prospects for new players seem a little more bright. I’ve found opportunities to cooperate as a lone semi-poor player very limited, despite all the tools the “community” are given.
Anyway a mag like this could help give new players ideas on ways to maybe try some new things, or see how to achieve some of their goals. Cheers good one.

3 Likes

This would be good for new palyers…

Is there a way to post the magazine to steam as well as the fourm?

That’s a good idea! We’ll look into getting it onto steam as well. Also keep me updated on the heart contest, if its still open by the end of the month we’ll put in.

going to keep it open till after valentines day, gives people time to build something and can advertise it again during valentines

The dodgebomb event that orrian is putting on tomorrow might be a good story : ) devs might show up again :open_mouth:

2 Likes