Boundless Meetup IRL!

Hi.

The topic might frighten some folks… But… I think planning a get together in real life, likely in 2023 would be super cool. Game active or not.

There is a festival called MAGFest, it stands for Music and Gaming Festival. Unlike Conventions where they end at certain hours, MAGFest runs 24 hours a day until the end of the event. Which is a Sunday at like 18:00.

The location of this event is in National Harbor, Maryland [Near Washington DC for those unfamilliar] in the United States. It’s a great event and has some side bonuses of being able to see the United States Capitol. Which is great for tourism aspects or a second reason to visit the US/East Coast.

I would love to meet some friends – active or not who loves this game and we should meet up as a reunion of sorts. Make it a yearly thing. :slight_smile:

Anyone interested?

The event is usually the first or second week of January – Thursday - Sunday. So Forecasted dates are expected: January 5th - January 8th or January 12th - 15th, 2023

16 Likes

we’ll see if i can get my parents to fly me down there lol

4 Likes

Unfortunately australia still has laws in place that stop international travel- have to be fully vaccinated to leave the country and prices are crazy high. Would be cool event @noniethepup

2 Likes

I love to but i make no promises :wink:

2 Likes

We may save up and make the journey.

5 Likes

Just a 45 minute drive for me so could be possible :wink:

6 Likes

For me its Impossible i am sry

3 Likes

What’s the weather like that time of year there?

2 Likes

I know it’s winter that time of yr

2 Likes

Sir’s down!

2 Likes

No idea if I’d be able to do this practically under circumstances so I can’t commit for the purposes of planning or anything, but I’d be game for it fer sure. I love snow and detest east coast summers, so the time of year is a plus for me. :smiley:

I loathe commercial air travel but one upside of being back on the east coast is lots of trains! I loooove train travel.

1 Like

I’m actually in that area (well only a couple hours)…sounds fun. Would be cold as heck! lol

3 Likes

Neat! :slight_smile: It will depend on my chaotic life, and work, can’t commit but would be really fun if I could! On the weather question, anywhere from cool (if lucky) to pretty cold there in January most likely.

2 Likes

Nope BabyCookie always remain Anonymous Mwahahahaha

10 Likes

Good luck to those that do manage to make it there.

I’ll not be attending because I’m still kind of boycotting as much American stuff as I can until their gun laws change, but wish that I could partake in a good old fashioned ‘meet up’.

Have fun, yous lots!

4 Likes

We will have to arrange a British/European one

9 Likes

Why not all just come to australia :australia:- we can chase kangaroos down all day and cuddle giant man eating spiders :spider:

5 Likes

Typically cold. Chance of Ice – we don’t really get snow More like slush.

I only get 6 days off and year and we’ll I get married that same year…:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:
Maybe a quick one day visit though so count this guy as a possibility :wink:

1 Like

Seems a bit harsh to boycott a country because of the gun laws. :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face: Proud merikan here we just have a few bad apples :disappointed:

6 Likes