Boundless new player property placement etiquette

Hello Boundless builders!

OK, I started and made myself a nice cave home and was doing pretty good (I think) but never really left the area of my cave. Then I had a catastrophic computer meltdown, I got it running again finally but my cave home is gone :frowning: I understand, I was away too long. But now I am going to make a new home but I want to be closer to other people. I plan on being a good distance from anyone else as I donā€™t want to take any space someone want want to expand onto. Is there any player etiquette on this? My last time playing I didnā€™t meet or see anyone at all so I am just trying to be a good neighbor and not make anyone angry at me. Is there maybe a place a lot of new players go to?

4 Likes

It really depends what planet you are on! Regardless of where you start, someone can give you coordinates to their city and you just input them and walk to where they are !

1 Like

Find a settlement you like and see how big it is, double that distance and plot away!
Or find a place and yell out in chat, find a mailbox, meet some folks and theyā€™re likely to point you to a spot or help you figure it out.

2 Likes

OK, I will try that! I am excited to be back, I think I will just start walking. Are these actual round planets? Likeā€¦if I walk in a straight line will I end up where I started? :smiley:

I am on planet Alder on the USA East server. This is my old homeā€¦I need to rebuild!

6 Likes

You can also find a settlement or city on a planet you like and contact the warden/viceroy and DM their name here or state it in a post and they may get the message and contact you. That is what I did when my son and I went to put down plots for our bases.

Granted, we already knew who he was and was given a invite to the discord by a member and I think contacted him through the forum but the method should work. Then they can show you areas that are free or if you want a certain area and they plotted it but arenā€™t planning on using it they might be willing to unplot it for you. The warden of our city did a few plots as they were close to where we wanted to build our bases.

2 Likes

Ah ok, thank you. I wonā€™t do anything ā€œpermanentā€ now. Maybe I will just explore for a few hours and take a look aroundā€¦and hope i donā€™t get eaten.

Technically planets are flat square maps but they wrap around so in effect they are round like a globe, it might be worth making an atlas so you donā€™t criss cross over the same areas though as terrain can easily lead you in a direction you have already passed.

3 Likes

Good suggestion, I have done that so many time I have now made a bunch of atlases and when out on a planet Iā€™m not familiar with take a atlas with me, especially when gathering for crafting/forging.

1 Like

OK thank you, I found a cityā€¦I am trying to go to Trior now, I am hoping there is like a portal hub in it. LOL Whats funny is I saw the planet above me!

I think its a cityā€¦bigā€¦and I mean BIG houses!

1 Like

You are more than welcome to join ADULT on ALDER, we have many active people (I believe about 10-12) or you could become our neighbor and pop in if you need any help or advice

2 Likes

Oh thank you! I am not sure how to switch planets and I am on Alderā€¦I am in Tower of Power town, is that close?

We have a connection to the portal network for you to get to any planet you please, if you go to your places tab and put in the coordinates 1034, 336, 67 and walk to that marker we currently have people on that can help you out with whatever you need

1 Like

Success! I see an orange arrow on my compassā€¦I think thatā€™s you :smiley:

Yes! Just head that way and it shouldnā€™t take you more than 20-30 mins max if you are as far away as possible. I will message you our discord if you would like to reach the players online

1 Like

I am attempting to build my home! Thank you so much :smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s my base. TheTower of Power/the Georgio Juniper Connection. :grin: thatā€™s a good spot to build. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

And you should totally try his trials too, just saying.

I remember running into your house a long time ago @Gloppo

If you need any help getting back to where you were, let me know!

3 Likes

I have to rebuild them due to the update. Lava was removed from my beacons. Hopefully I can get them back up and going tonight. :crossed_fingers: but yes you should. @Gloppo

1 Like

WHAT!?

Thatā€¦ that is honestly so sad :frowning:

I feel like a piece of my heart just died.

2 Likes