Boundless now self published on Steam

After the great hibernation, I shall pick up where I left off… lol I’m abit late to the party :sweat_smile: welp, now there is much to do lol see you guys ingame

9 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

YAAASSS I’m so excited!!! There’s still hope!!

3 Likes

Ok how long is a few weeks I just too bubbly inside I can’t wait to hear James-chan boop @james

Strongly disagree. Given the goal of the universe is to be persistent, it should be persistent with known, predictable rules. If there are plots hanging around without any visible activity for extended periods of time, it’s because people are still logging in to fuel them (which seems an entirely valid thing for a person to do with their plots under current systems), or because they bought a substantial amount of gleam club and it keeps things safe (which seems like a perfectly reasonable use of the gleam club).

Where these plots exist, if you view them as a problem then maybe try to look at them as a symptom of a broken/flawed system and make suggestions on how to fix the underlying problem? Maybe you think people shouldn’t be able to stack so much gleam time? Perhaps you think plots should have a minimum prestige otherwise they will revert after a set period of time, or need visiting every so often by the owner?

2 Likes

between 2 and 9 :grin:

1 Like

I don’t know… :

• Few = 1-4
  • Several = 5-9
  • Pack = 10-19
  • Lots = 20-49
  • Horde = 50-99
  • Throng = 100-249
  • Swarm = 250-499
  • Zounds = 500-999
  • Legion = 1000+
5 Likes

few is not a few

nice chart though :grin:

1 Like

I like the chart I was like a week til we heard something XD I just love seeing James-cham respond

1 Like

btw - it wasn’t a few in james’ post, so…
it sounds more like famous soon™ :rofl:

1 Like

Coming weeks I figured the 2 weeks after the post xD

3 Likes

I just simply want a solution. When it causes us to lose players it is an issue. When an area of 400 plots has been totally void of anything for over a year or two, it’s time to let it go and let someone that actually will build there. build there.

In regard to the time frame of the “coming weeks”…

In development you learn to never say a solid date so that people don’t get upset or hold you to that date. As is the case with this, coming weeks will allow the people that love the game and always defend it to simply point out something is “Coming” and the other side to point out that “Coming weeks” shouldn’t be a month or more.

Either way I’ll play the game and wait for something… I’ll expect it by the end of the year or so. (but hopefully I’m proven wrong).

1 Like

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: :sun_behind_small_cloud: Weather IRL

can’t wait to see what happen, I have been playing minecraft lately, and boundless is sooo better lol I just want to see a patch each few months would be nice

4 Likes

i just wanted to chime in and say i bought this game when i was 14… i’m 21 now and i still check the forum from time to time even though i’m extremely disappointed in how things have been going. i truly hope these “exciting news” have some kind of substance

6 Likes

i sorta expected this to happen since SE has been selling off it’s game portfolio ip’s recently so that they can focus on Blockchain.

Wiki snippet:

On May 1, 2022, Square Enix announced that it would sell several assets of their Square Enix Europe subsidiary to the Swedish holding company Embracer Group for $300 million. This included studios Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montréal, and Square Enix Montreal, IPs Deus Ex , Legacy of Kain , Thief and Tomb Raider and rights to “over 50 games”.

3 Likes

I’m actually pretty hyped. I keep having a look at the forums hoping for updates and happened to look at it just when the post appeared.
Having two kids by now I got even less spare time than before but I’m pretty sure I’d return to the game as soon as the patch with the new weapons drops and some more clear news about the future development.
I really enjoyed the game and I’m pretty sure I had continued doing so (even with my limited time) if it didn’t feel that dead and because of the negativity due to the announced patch that didn’t make its release back then.

10 Likes

Sooo any news yet boop

Not that I’ve seen, not even the minor update that removes the splash screen.

1 Like

Well It’s been a while since I’ve been active but I still have hope for the game and I will patiently wait for whatever news you guys have for us in the near future.

7 Likes