Boundless now self published on Steam

fully agree with you. haven’t really looked at the games news for months because I kind of got to a point where I felt like it wasn’t worth it since there was never any updates, guess you could say I gave up on the game. But now, I’m back to checking daily the forums and the new posts in hopes of news on the future and hoping that there is some large patch, update, etc coming down the pipe to bring new people into the game along with existing people back to the game. my wife and kids aren’t as excited and looking forward to this as me, but they tend to be less excited about things till they truly drop. I’m confident (hoping) that news comes soon and it’s something exciting enough to bring myself, my kids, wife, friends, all back. Also started a new job and i’m sure I can bring a few people from there if it’s something large enough coming back the pipe. Only time will tell, (no pressure or anything Dev! … lol)

3 Likes

Updated the original announcement with:

25 Likes

So @james we are eagerly awaiting for news in regards to boundless and what it’s future holds.

4 Likes

My startup screen has received an update :+1: :+1:
Nice …
… But why didn’t DEV-HQ change the date right away.
2014 -2020 !!! :wink:

6 Likes

Hopefully get some info soon

2 Likes

There weren’t any changes or additions to copyrighted material, so that date range still accurately represents the “first publish date” range of the software.

To express a different way, removing a logo isn’t copyrightable, so it doesn’t have an impact on when any part of the software will enter public domain.

2 Likes

I think it’s just a visual thing that people notice. It shouts to players and potential players that nothing has been changed or updated since the last copyright date (same with the website 2014-2018). You’re right - it doesn’t have any effect on the software and little details like that aren’t a priority. The priority would definitely be changes and/or updates.

Seeing the broken links and things on the website makes me want to jump in and fix it real quick lol. Same with Steam - there are a few little things that need to be done. None of it has anything to do with gameplay though.

9 Likes

THIS IS EPIC NEWS!!! (i just hope you will do everything you said you would before SE got involved which stopped you from doing it (???) *titans… and all the other greatness… (worms etc etc etc)

Also if possible can we please get the OLD world back? (the one we had which had that Steampunk city? (BEFORE PS4 release) i know we might not be able to go back to AMAZING automatic leveling system, but please… i will even vote on it… please bring back the OLD world???

Edit/Update - I will not give any of my previous names because i don’t want to be banned again (You could always check my IP if you really wanted) but I was very angry and outspoken about all the choices you made, but that is in the past and i hope you think that too, and i guess mental health isn’t an excuse either, but there we go, apology has been made (only reason i was banned…)

as long as the bring the old world back i will ask Mr Smith to seal my mouth shut :wink: (doubt that will happen though) :crazy_face:

1 Like

nope @james said it is back IN-HOUSE and i HOPE it stays that way, because otherwise we risk another dissapointment (as long as it stays in-house James can keep all his promises :wink: )

Not kicking off… memeing mostly

Where? SQEX was a contract, not a physical office/location.

4 Likes

I really hope so… but the track record here leaves a lot to be desired.

4 Likes

in-house means it has returned to the devs (In-house means published by the people who created it)

that is the reason i was one of those people who were very vocal (notice NOT varifocal :wink: ) and very outspoken and angry about what James did… like many of us… but lets not drudge up any old angst when its a few years old eh? amazing to see @james and crew back at it… let’s hope they can (i hate to say) save this game (because it IS AWESOME!.. As long as promises are kept)

But hey this is a new day… and something to look forward too, but i agree… trust is a slim thing at the moment (no offence) - however, the fact they are still here and trying their hardest STILL amongst all the rage and hate should count for something right

although james did say we will update you in the next few weeks… its been a few weeks and still nothing new mentioned

We just got a steam update today. So I would expect news this between Monday and the next century.

7 Likes

Something happen
anything is good thing for me
been checking this forum weekly for way to long

7 Likes

aka… soon™

13 Likes

Yup…usually when news on software updates go this long…it’s not good news. Example being papyrus with nascar racing series. They lost the nascar license to Electronic Arts. As of today…iracing is the new name and are leaders in the racing simulation industry.

Miss your detailed and instructional videos. Maybe 150 update will be here soon or tm for tomorrow :thinking:

3 Likes

they can’t bring it back, the worlds files changed to much since that time.

2 Likes

but they can recode it… as i imply its an empty hope :wink: i will even vote on it is the implication of being empty