Boundless Ripoff Game!?

There is a game that was released today on Steam that is, to me, Boundless re-skinned and I’m mad about it. I’m mad because it is release by Square-Enix and it seems to have a full head of steam (no pun intended) behind it. I am mad that is so so ridiculously close the the game that Boundless is. I am mad that it makes it look like SE Collective bought rights to Boundless just so it did not cut into the production or sales of this new release. Maybe I am conspiracy theorizing too hard here but either way I don’t like the way this makes me feel. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Whats this game?

Is that appropriate, I hate to say publicly if the devs frown on that !? A quick search on steam of a release by SE of a new builder game should clear that up for anyone interested.

PM? lol (10 characters)

1 Like

If it is the game I think you are talking about, it has been on console In Japan since last year. The first game was out in 2016.

It also is very limited in player count.

1 Like

Dragon quest builders ain’t no Boundless. Boundless trillion times better

10 Likes

Goat simulator?

9 Likes

DQB2? It’s more like Portal Knights & it has been around for awhile. It plays more like Zelda or some Nintendo game from the early 90s. Cool game, but BL kicks it’s rear imo.

SE has always had that game to my knowledge. I have been waiting for them to bring it to the US and PC to try it.

4 Likes

Honestly I don’t see it, They are both voxel based games and thats where the similarities end from what i can tell based off of the store page.

Many voxel based games look like each other.

Furthermore, It seems to be a co-op game for up to 4 players, so it poses absolutely no threat to an MMO game.

„for up to 4-players.“

2 Likes

Fair enough thanks y’all.

2 Likes

Got to add with Dragon Quest Builders, I haven’t played 2, I may give it a shot eventually, but the first was one of the rare games where I expected to really like it and didn’t. I love Dragon Quest, I love Minecraft… but it didn’t grab me at all! :frowning:

4 Likes

I really enjoyed dqb and dqb2!

Totally different games, only similarity to Boundless is voxel!

Dqb is more quest driven, and although you can play 4 player coop, it’s designed as a single player game first.

I recommend anyone to give them a go, but it won’t replace boundless!

2 Likes

I think since SE has a lot of experience with this type of game, perhaps they saw the possibilities in Boundless that we see :wink:

Here’s a quick clip of me playing DQB2 on PC today

3 Likes

Dqb2 has a bit more depth, but it is more of the same really.

A little more freedom, but still have set building designs.

1 Like

Definitely agree with this! They’re great, but exhaustable I found. Boundless is, well, boundless :nerd_face:

2 Likes

If it is DQB2 then I don’t see it at all… first and foremost the Boundless graphics and worlds look/feel even with the rain/snow blows it out of the water.

1 Like

I’ll put it like this: I played DQIX for around three months straight. I played DQB for about four days. I’ve played Boundless for 347 days now, consecutively…

IMG_0558

8 Likes

We need an oortian in smash bro’s!

1 Like

Yea DQB was late 2016 world wide. So I’d say development would have been in 2015 at least. And I never even thought of boundless being similar to it other that it’s in the same voxel category. I played that before I knew about boundless too.

1 Like

another one in the genre, nothing to worry about

4 Likes