Boundless Universal Trade Tracker [BUTT] 2.0

The 100k limit is there since the harvested data isn’t possible to validate atm. It’ll be gone when the official API goes live :slight_smile:

I’m also interested in knowing what’s worth 100k, I thought not even lucent max forges go that high.

2 Likes

I’m still selling a hunger replenishment bomb for 14M!

3 Likes

Oh I miss those days!

On initial installation and setup, how long should it take for the “hosts” bit to complete (where it’s “performing lookup”)?

Also, I am assuming that this bit of the setup process is a one-time post-setup/installation thing? Doesn’t need to run every time?

Just wondering. Thanks so much!

That’s the part where it’s figuring out which addresses to redirect to the program, it’s cleaned up after you close the tool so yes it’s required every time it starts. But it should take only a second or two, I think I saw someone else have the same issue but I can’t find the post anymore.

@Simoyd any ideas?

1 Like

2 Likes

hahahahaha.
yeah, definitely not taking seconds. I literally let this run all night - it’s been more than 12 hours at this point and it’s still going through “USW servers” - over 270,000 at this point. ::sigh::
lol
I guess I’ll see if I can figure out something with the DNS server. Thank you so much for the replies! Will let you know if I’m able to figure it out, really appreciate the help.

1 Like

just realized the preview for the image I posted is really short. You can click the image for the full steps on how to solve the issue

1 Like

Ugh they’re probably serving ads at the “fake” domains.

Meant to tell you that i sort of got it working. The application will run, eventually, though sometimes it gets thru it super quickly, and sometimes it seems like it’s doing the never-ending thing for a while but will all of a sudden finish after like 8 minutes or something.

also, I have found that if I am running the program while playing, my in-game chat will, after the first few messages I send, stop sending messages entirely. It just won’t let me send a chat message at all until I exit the game and restart. and it keeps doing that over and over again. :confused: Not sure why. Not sure it can be fixed or if it’s something weird on my end (though no idea what), but figured I’d mention it.

However, just to be fair, it could be either the price harvest or price sync. I’m not sure which is the issue.

anyhow, thank you so much for the information on how to get it running! I really appreciate it! <3

Hi, I guess I need some help with the 2 tools which have to be installed (and running ?). I managed to get PrizeHarvester into a folder, and have run it successfully for 2 planets. But when I call PrizeSync.exe (as admin) it complains that it has no authorized access (the message is not quite clear what it wants to access). I have copied it into the PrizeHarvester folder and also into the boundless.exe folder, no change to the error. What is blocking it and/or which prerequisites have to be followed? BL itself shows in the knowledge for ressoources shops local to the planet, sofar I am helpless what is missing.

PriceSync.exe has to be in the same folder as PriceHarvester, it shouldn’t require any special privileges either, but I haven’t actually tested it on an unprivileged account :thinking: Does it show any window to you or doesn’t even run? It should look something like this.

I checked everything but PrizeSync will deny starting. I have attached 2 screen shots showing the folder and the apps state.

If the German text is a problem, I can try to translate it somehow to give the context.

Everything looks to be where they should be. But I have no idea what the error message is saying :sweat_smile: If you translate it I can try to fix it.

I will try my very best :wink:
“The specified device or the path or the file cannot be accessed. Perhaps you do not have needed Authorisations to access the element (?) in question”

For me this message is totally vague is is immediately displayed when I click directly on the PrizeSync.exe in the harvester folder. As the harvester exe itself is running OK, I do not see which authorisations may be required. Is the exe requiring that (a) BL is running and/or (b) does it need to know where the BL game folder is?

Alright I’ve updated the program, can you re-download PriceSync.exe and try it now?

I am very sorry, no change. I have deleted all previous versions, downloaded from the link in your last reply and tested. The file size is 83456 bytes.

Maybe the easiest thing is to just wait till the API comes, as the program will stop functioning after that anyway.

But the file in the link should be 82 944 bytes, maybe you’re still trying with the old version?

I did redownload again and got - see screenshot.PrizeSync-25-03-_2020_14-29-51

Thats…weird. This is what I get