Boundless: What I would like to see

Being a retired WoW player. Being an RPG fanatic, and being a dungeon junkie…I played D3 too much. POE I dabbled with, and really miss the ESO skill and dungeons…

Why not add some variety for dungeons? Small party system, PvE clearing, random generated loot (Forget gear drops) lets focus on crafting materials.

• Add in Random dungeons in the world that are set on timers to expire (Lets say 3 hours)
  • Add in new mobs guardians/protectors/titans
  • Add new blocks for crafting our Pants, shirts, armor,weapons, weapon affects etc
  • Healing and DPS Staves!

Would be fun to see some small group content to more to do other than meteors :slight_smile:

5 Likes

These worms would be a fun start :slight_smile:

Temples & Protectors appear to be the smaller dungeon concept? I’m doing some serious forum archeology for this one, though.

5 Likes

A weight slider…

I wanna make Bob chunky :joy:

6 Likes

When release 249 drops, we’ll be getting new fuel for portals. What I would like to see is a portal generator (similar to the spark generator), with something similar to spark links, to connect all your portals to a central power source. That way, you just have to fuel one spot.

2 Likes

Could even b wireless connection with some sort of very minor spark animation in the air connecting them all.

1 Like

This game could use a few things for sure.

A true rotation of planets creating a realistic day night cycle or even seasons.

Saplings from trees that mimic the color but rng shape and size.

Better oortian models “sorry” “not sorry”

Craftable armor
Character should receive some physical buff as they level but armor should do most of the work.

Add tiered items to reduce amount of items needed for crafts “QUALITY NOT QUANTITY
Example: minor fast brew reduce down to 4 raw materials to make items located on low tier worlds
Mega fast brew reduce down to 4 raw materials to make at least 1 material only be found in a dungeon on a tier 7+ world idk something like that.

Sort button on chests option to unlock chests for all.

Automation tubes to move items/ or something

Animations for storage items.

I’m not sure how you create a “true” rotation of a flat square but it seems like the simulation is OK, on planet or viewing from off.

We do have the day/night cycle and seasons, I’m curious what would make them feel more realistic?

I’m not speaking against this, I’m asking for clarification.

2 Likes

Yes earth seasons but that’s not all their is. Depending on the orbit of the planets they could have an avalanche of different seasons it’s a game after all so why not make it more exciting.
Example: depending on the planets orbit it could have a strong gravitational pull when it reaches a certain time of day or days it can cause an ocean from a moon or adjacent planet to flood the planet or cause a massive shift in ocean or sand to be pulled from one side of the planet to the other.

Or when the planet turns and is facing a red star it can cause hail or plants to release pollen causing animals to evolve and go berserk. Increasing chance of rare drops during that time. Things like that. Not saying all planets just certain planets spice it up a little bit.

And day night cycle pretty sure it can be day for one character and night for another idk if that is by design or a lack of it. And if it is then it should be removed or maybe it’s a character level thing idk but I do know it was day for one of my characters and night for the other and they were standing next to each other. Also if my weapon has glow on it the person next to me should also see that glow.

Just my 2 cents worth little to no value.

1 Like

Yeah there is a specific circumstance where this can happen, with a new character mainly. New players get some “extra daylight”. When you’ve read the explanations for it, it’s sensible. But it caused me some confusion at the beginning, too.

I’m not too heavily for or against the mechanic but once you complete certain tasks or hit level 20 or something, you do sync up on a shared day/night cycle AFAIK.

I agree about the glow too but since you basically have to pay for it, it makes some sense. Also making that light shareable might help some new group dynamics to emerge. A small thing but who knows.

As for the rest of it, that’s just some wild math and programming. Crazy amounts of development. I don’t know if it’s realistic for this game but it would be awesome.

If they got relationships between the planets developed that far, maybe we could build in space :thinking:

(in diapers)

I don’t think I’ve seen any mention of that sort of dynamic stuff before honestly, pretty interesting thoughts.

2 Likes