Broken Gleam Module Signs

I have an issue with a gleam module sign. I placed it a wall in my underground plant storage. The bottom half of the sign is missing. I have replaced it, taken it down, replaced it again. Removed the wall and flooring, rebuilt everything and when replacing the sign, it is still broken. The bottom part of the sign is broken off per say. The location of this sign is: 219N -415E (altitude: 70)
East of Collis Bauersenbaum - Lutrion

Not sure I have posted pictures correctly, as this is the first time I have ever done any thing like this.

Certainly an interesting look, sorry to hear! I’ve not encountered this one myself, but it may be to do with the gleam sign on the floor possibly already occupying the “block” you’re trying to place it in? If so, you shouldn’t be able to place a second sign there and would be a bug in an of itself…

Does this happen on other blocks on the same height to the left and right? Does it happen when the gleam sign floor is gone? I hope a Dev can add some more relevant questions coz it would drive me crazy too!

2 Likes

Removing the gleam sign below changes nothing.
Doesn’t matter which order things are built, or what is or isn’t around it, that sign just always looks like that.

I spent some time there trying to troubleshoot and the devs are going to need to look in the code or debug or whatever. Unless someone has experienced this issue and has found a solution or workaround, it’s a proper bug.

1 Like

Might sound stupid. But?

Is the wall chiseled from the other side? Stones are un even and might be the reason why it isn’t working correctly.

Placing a lot off signs my self atm but haven’t had this problem before.

Also stone only becomes even when its boxed in by 4 even blocks or chiseled blocks

No, the wall hasn’t been chiseled on other side

All you can do is look if that works… and might fix it.

I know the patterns on some blocks require you to be standing on the same side of the block, and click on the same surface for each block placement, or they’ll be looking weird.

An example is Igneous Brick/Rock/Stone, or Metamorphic Stone/Rock. A little bothersome, but useful when taken advantage of.

1 Like

The sign is acting like there is a second sign module attached directly below.

@Phyre-Fly has just moved the floor down by 1 pixel and it fixed the issue, but it’s still weird and I believe the devs need to take a look.

So gleam sign floor was originally placed on top of the rock below. Placing it on the bottom of the rock directly above instead fixes the issue.
There are over 10 identical signs in this room, and only that one sign is affected.

1 Like

repro and fixed in dev version now; was just a bug in the meshing code selecting which mesh piece to use for the sign, getting confused in this particular scenario by the gleam sign underneath the badly rendered one.

9 Likes

Thank you for looking into it. I can always go back and fix it the way it was, with it broken, so that you can see personally what I was talking about. If that is what you would like me to do, I can be on in about 30 minutes.