(Bug) Gathering Epic doesn't work if you dig out a block UNDER a plant

I’m almost certain of this.

If I dig the dirt under a Desert Sword I get fewer drops from the Desert Sword than if I harvest it directly.

I imagine this rule may apply to boulders also.

I’m almost certain that luck doesn’t work either. It’d be nice if we have this fixed, so gathering in this way will force a regeneration of terrain and new resources after that

Any word on this bug? I also think it applies to boulders. I think if I dig the block under a boulder I get far fewer resources.

I mean… technically it’s not a bug. You’re not harvesting the resource itself, it’s being auto-broken by world simulation due to not having a support block anymore.

1 Like

This is going to keep people from breaking blocks, rather than simply the surface resources, to kick in regeneration though. The playerbase is being punished either way with this system. Are there any plans to allow surface resources to regenerate in a chunk even if they’re the only things that have been altered?

This seems like the better fix :+1:

1 Like

Isn’t like that already ?

World regeneration as changed last patch, so maybe the resources one has been added at the same time

and is already fixed in the dev version, I don’t understand where the confusion came from that it wouldn’t be fixed, it was stated as a bug…

1 Like

not in the last patch, it was a larger change too dangerous to release immediately.

2 Likes

There’s been a lot of movement on the various bugs threads; just hard for everyone to keep up, I think :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for that one to roll out. Were the changes to power coils and spark changes documented anywhere?

If they weren’t in the release notes, then whoever made those changes forgot to add them but should have! @olliepurkiss was that you? :slight_smile:

When I try and hit saltpetre with a hammer, often the hammer hits the rock under it because of hitboxes.

I guess I’ll just have to be more careful.

If I had a hammer, I would hammer in the… Nevermind.