Bug or feature? Grappling hook behavior changed

I noticed that after the inverted slope patch, the grappling hook seems to have suffered a new behavior change that may be related to the new smooth stopping change. When on the grappling hook, even the slightest key tap to go down the line does not stop when you release the key. This is problematic when you are working on a high ceiling. Replicating this is simple. Simply attach your hook to a ceiling and hang above the ground. Tap the shift key once and you will descend to the bottom of the line.

Also, I might have accidentally blown up Sedatars after posting those pics to the forums… I hope it has nothing to do with the new inverted slopes…

2 Likes

Thanks, we will look into this today.

@Havok40k, thanks for reporting the issue with the grappling hook. We have identified the issue and the fix is in the latest update release 110.

Also, can you let us know what you mean by “I might have accidentally blown up Sedatars after posting those pics to the forums”.

Thanks

i assume in the sense of building? like alot of people went there and started building? but yeah its quite a dramatic way to say it xD

I crashed the server, or so it seems. I could not access it at all yesterday. I’ve not looked again today. Didn’t mean to be so ambiguous.

Thanks for the reply. We checked the world and it is working so we are hoping that you can still play that world. If not, let us know.

1 Like