[BUG] Testing 224 - Debug info on growth-scale reports incorrect data or significance unclear

As you’ll be able to see from the screenshots, there’s a basic Earthyam planted here, in a dark cave. As expected, in 6 hours, it has not grown, but I did want to make sure it would not grow, because as we can see in the debug info window, the plant block reports “growth-scale: 100%”.

In my mind, I thought this signified that the plant would eventually grow in its conditions, but according to everything we know, this plant shouldn’t be able to grow in these conditions, and it doesn’t. So that part is working correctly.

The question then is, is growth-scale reporting accurate data or am I interpreting its meaning incorrectly?

@vdragon could you find out what the case is?

For reference, I do know that these plants below, will never grow, and they do report 0.999% growth-scale rather than 100%, so I have not expected them to grow, I think mostly for the fact they are planted in rock and have plenty of rock around them. I planted these very early on in testing, too.

For comparison, below is a plant of the same kind that will grow. And does have growth-scale 100%.

1 Like

the debug window data doesnt account for lighting conditions which (for gleam) aren’t known on the client (client has gleam of course, but its mixed up with all the other block-lighting so cant distinguish it client side from non-gleam block lighting).

I do want to include some data sent from the server here about what you are looking at which could then be shown in the debug window too (and whatever HUD details we will do for crops) but will have a short delay based on your latency before it can show that data.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation, that’s good to hear.

For the time being, is there any specific guideline we can follow in terms of crop<->light source distances?

1 Like

(Posting this here so the information is consolidated here, too)