Builders, hats off to you

I understand why you all go big and make more area than you need.

I’m digging out more room for an already what I thought was a large workshop.

Z

Dig dig dig

Update: I understand the mesh limit we aren’t even close to hitting it. After 2 private messages and you here, I will build a box above ground for my husband’s workshop. I thought this game didn’t have rules on builds but I’m being stressed to build above ok

Is ok to build my farm underground or do I need to build a box above ground that (kindling and combustion).

5 Likes

Please don’t just dig downwards you need to use a larger area for workshops since you have the complex block limit.

1 Like

Well his workshop is already below I’m just expanding, we have a vast cave system and I’m utilizing it. Lol

Z

2 Likes

There is a mesh limit per chunk. If you place too many storage blocks/signs/machines in a small space, you might hit the limit and not be able to place anymore.

Just to chime in with MajorVex here but you want to be aware of this before you hit it.

Building workshops or storage centers on multiple levels can run into problems surprisingly quickly.

1 Like

Unless you build very massive like me I have my farms workshop and storage all together my mesh limit is at 400 each corner but guess I spread it out enough to build multi layered

1 Like

Yes that’s why we go big :joy::rofl::joy:
As a builder you first think im gonna build small and before you know you expand a bit, just a bit more and a bit more…
Until you have a massive area and you think it must fit in this… [but it doesn’t]

As the others said multilayer builds need a bit of planning a head especially when you use a lot of mesh blocks.
If you can interact with it and/or it is not a full block then its mesh
There are exceptions to this:

• glass like blocks, trellis, octagrid,… not mesh
  • glass panes… not mesh
  • plants and plantable if they are 2D they are not mesh, but if they are 3D they are mesh. Example of 2D grass and all non event crops except combustion. Combustion is 3D (some if not all event crops are 3D).

But the go bigger issue i think is usually because if you go bigger you can fit more “style” in a build.
That’s usually i always end up going big.

1 Like

Blink bombs with aoe consumable on :wink:

Used them to make very big holes very quickly…just make sure you don’t drop one in your workshop

Here’s the thing I’m a small-time builder.

I know about mesh limits, if you build correctly underground things can go great but at last, I’ll build boxes above ground.

Z

1 Like

Roylln is not allowed bombs near our builds. You ever see him or in a chat ask him what happened one day when he mixed up bombs.

Z

2 Likes

Hahah I just get @CaptAmerica1611 to bomb out for me- I just remove his perms and bombs away then plot and add perms back haha works a treat.

Mesh is only a issue with poor planning lol, building underground is absolutely fine- as long as you have storage 1-2 plots away from the machine plots ect if that makes sense.

If your look at my build it’s as compact as I could get it and I’ve not even come close to hitting mesh. That included 16+ coiled machines of each and 7000 chests as a example.

2 Likes