BUTT Not Working

Butt seems to not be updating. Twisted Dragon Supplies in Gyosha Mall buying pulsating Orbs for 20 and it would be the highest buying request basket but is not showing up on Butt and has been this way for a week now. Is anyone else having thos issue?

1 Like

Mayus on a bit of a break, hopefully wont be too far away. Will let her know the fans need her!

2 Likes

Is there a way that I could help keep it updated? I wouldn’t mind, I am a programmer myself so it wouldn’t scare me by any means to help.

3 Likes

That would be a convo for Mayu i guess, ill link her to this thread, but she may take a little to respond.

3 Likes

Ok cool, please do! I really wouldn’t mind helping.

1 Like

Best to talk to your Doctor if your BUTT isn’t working.

Oh, a different BUTT. Godspeed to the site admin!

6 Likes

Last time this happened, some of the fixes were also done on the dev side.
I recommend catching the attention of devs to see if they know any obvious problems that might have arisen on their side.

Last time this happened, Mayumi had to restart BUTT somehow:

I hope this context/info helps.

Seems that someone found my admin interface and managed to crash the server with some invalid data. I’m on a vacation so I wasn’t checking it too often, it should be fixed now! Very sorry about the delay :cry:

6 Likes

That was like 6 hours, remind me never to actually delay you, we have VERY different definitions!

1 Like

It was actually closer to 3 days :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So you got hacked
Who tf would hack BUTT? Why? Lol

2 Likes

Likely those sneaky boundlessinfo goons… :expressionless:

2 Likes

No just an attempt, but it hit a bug which crashed the node app so it stopped updating.

2 Likes

Still though. What does an APT want Mayumi’s BUTT for?

Sad :frowning:

Glad it’s back up though! Yay!

Hope you’re having a great vacation!

Probably some automated scraper which found the endpoint and started sending random data, I hadn’t tested it enough for errors and stuff hit the fan.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what people get out of hacking random tiny sites just minding their own business

3 Likes

@Mayumichi if you are looking for another developer/programmer to help let me know would be glad to be of assistance!

Maybe run a mirror copy just in case that takes over due to failure? If it hits issues it auto loads the mirror. Just an idea!

Also thank you for fixing it!

1 Like

@truus script kiddies with nothing better to do because they have no life. I have my own hosting company and software development firm and we see this all the time with even just informational sites. Yes it’s ridiculous but they have nothing better to do I suppose. Cracking and partaking never interested me as much as building things so God only knows what the heck they are thinking.

3 Likes