Buyin' iron

Hello fellow oortlings!

I have an endless hunger for iron, so I want to change some stuff for it:

• 4 titanium grapple
  • 100 refined silver alloy
  • 8 emerald torch, 2 diamond torch, 1000 basic torch (dont ask)
  • 150 nail
  • any type and amount of bricks
  • any amount of glass, lantern, and compact peat
5 Likes

Farming more iron as I type this!

1 Like

im down to trade some iron for stuffs :slight_smile:

1 Like

R u online?

that i am im on alt right now actually looking for emerald and getting more iron to trade :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok pm me when you can come for da buznis! :wink:

1 Like

will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve added another 2 stacks of iron to my store.

I’ll buy refined silver alloy @ 150c each if that interests you. I’ve set up a request basket with 15000 coin in it.

Nice! But isnt 150 too low? Considering the fuel cost too?

From what I’ve noticed, most shops in this game want to buy raw gems (for example) for 25c and sell gold hammers for like 1500c. Buying and selling prices are WAY skewed.

2 Likes

The scary thing is that with current raw material prices (10 per ore, 22 per medium coal) it actually costs me 1391.64 coin to craft a gold hammer (so selling for 1500 is marginal profit at best).

I’m offering 150 coin for most raw gems at the moment - and barely ever get any sellers. When I offered 300 per raw gem I got some sellers - but then nobody can afford the tools you make with it (which need to go for about 3000+ to make it worthwhile). The gem markets are totally stagnant in the current meta. Players that do farm them keep to themselves or do not participate in the economy.

My most recent math on the silver/gold hammers show that they are very marginal to use even with maxed mining skills. This will get better a lot if coal prices drop (which is unlikely to happen with the rarer hammers being so marginal). One way to improve all of this would be making hard coal less scarce or worth more smelts/sparks.

Even ruby hammers (which are the only gem hammers I’ve been able to craft) are only marginally more profitable than copper hammer if I use them myself for mining. Market turnover is way too slow to justify using them consistently.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see what the revamped mining does to this scenario.

Well at least with precious metal tools I still think the problem is the alloying spark cost, should be 20-30 spark per alloy not 360, given that you need at least 10 alloy to make one compact, which one is 360 spark too. So alloying costs you 3600, then compacting/refining only 360, wut?

ill get on my alt later and just give you my iron friend, I’m not using it

1 Like

slid it into the DM :wink:

1 Like

Changed the list as some things were sold already!

You’re part of the build team for Iron Sky, aren’t you?

1 Like

Well… I am the owner and builder of it, why? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I actually just visited for the first time today, and after seeing your floors made of machined iron blocks… there could be no one else with such an unholy iron-lust.

1 Like

Yes thats me. Actually there is no build team, or anything like that until I finish the core, but there are players whose help me get the iron for it, like @OmniUno and a lot trade partners.

1 Like