Buying Gleam at 1.2c selling for 1.3 Will keep filling baskets. Top down Or Bottom Up gleam mining setup

I’m converted, did a few more tries myself, think ill stick with bottom up mining for now…

Also refilled baskets again…

1 Like

you buying ref gleam also?

nope, i think the gleam i’m selling is being refined for exp…

Now setup both Gleamballs with top down and bottom up mining capabilities.

and have setup a bank of request baskets at the top and bottom of the ball’s, each being put by the best gleam ball for either bottom or top mining. Will keep filling baskets, lets spread the wealth over the whole oortiverse.

2 Likes

I’ve been using my bombs allot more recently and got around 40k gleam from one fast brew. Seems you get allot more gleam bottom up mining but for some reason top down gives more exp …

1 Like

I’ve started making little horizontal farms for a lot of resources. I can keep a good balance of not wasted bombs vs gathering speed. I can somewhat consistently fill a chest in a speed brew in them.

Gleam and lustrous are still best bottom up, I think. Lots of convenient places and you can use the full reach of your tool with solid 3x3.

You know technically you can fill your inventory, absolute peak, in <5 minutes. You need a partner though to do that since throwing the bombs interferes with the tool. I can sometimes do it in 6 but it means throwing bombs so fast that you don’t get to the reach of the tool so it burns a lot of extra bombs. It sounds like you’re hitting it pretty closely, too.

If you really need a lot of something fast, recruit a friend to stand next to you and bomb the heck out of you. Just make sure that your tool isn’t breaking blocks further than your combined loot sticks can reach or it turns into a big waste.

1 Like

will keep this in mind when my friends are playing again. can try and fill the need for plots…

1 Like

Dropped by for a few, and the farm is good stuff! If you put a foliage block at the bottom spot under the top down slot, people don’t take damage going full speed. But the tiny damage currently is also easily managable.

I’m sure I’ll be back.

2 Likes

Didnt think of foliage block, will test it out…

2 Likes

Afaik it’s some sort of bot counter measurement, where after a while you just stop getting XP while standing still.

1 Like

There’s a measure for “Farming the same block” which is triggered when you break and replace a block repeatedly. This warning is easy to see though, and if that’s causing you to lose XP you should be seeing the warnings on screen.

It’s been a very long time since I was checking - when I just sort of eyeball the numbers seem close but to be entirely honest I’m usually looking for XP in follow on activities rather than the block harvesting itself. Especially since with soil type blocks the xp is low.

I actually haven’t farmed a gleamball in a couple of weeks right now :rofl:

Due to using brews and having to empty inventory I’m usually moving every couple of minutes even if I’m using keyboard buttons to operate my tools and bombs. If there’s a measure that would 100% stop xp gain I’ve never seen it in that kind of time frame. I spent a very long time in a trunk this morning and was definitely still getting XP into a third campfire.

But again I’m never 100% stationary for more than a couple of minutes at a time.

Sometimes if things are laggy and I’m trying to go really fast, the blocks don’t fully regenerate between passes - this would cost XP over time, but it’s visibly noticeable as it happens.

There are some other counter-measures that are less visible. I can’t make a certain answer. You can log your starting XP from your profile, and compare it to the blocks harvested, though.

1 Like

I removed a bunch of distracting rambling on this XP issue and moved it to another thread:

I’ll be expanding and clarifying that later.

Over 1.5 million gleam on sale now!

1 Like

Not selling much gleam these days, would a price of 1.4 get more sales from anyone?

1 Like

I think a great many people are farming their own gleam and given the low player population we don’t have a huge market for buying it. It’s sad… I do know however I need a lot of rare gleam, but that is something I’ll have to get over time.

I don’t mind buying gleam, but no gleam, no matter how rare is worth over 500c a piece much less 2000-5000c a piece.

2 Likes

I ended up spending over 2000 on some gleam I needed for my goo farm, some of the pigments I needed ended up being rare gleam, got most of it from gleambow hunting tho so didn’t mind forking out for a couple extra to get the farms equal size. It is silly price for some gleam, we need a colour changing exo again or a gleambow meet-up which got me allot of rare gleam…

3 Likes

Now selling gleam at 1.3, over 1.8mil in stock.