Campfire Permission Level

So, I’ve run into planets several times where I’m happy with the mining, and I’d like to collect the rocks and other stuff. But the owners don’t permit beacons, and that means you can’t place campfires.

Honestly this stops me from mining much or traveling there often.

Of course I can’t be certain, but I would guess that some of these planet owners would be happy to allow campfires, if it didn’t mean that people could place permanent builds.

I’d suggest that this sort of permission be added to sovereign planets. I’m not sure if making it a part of the permission that allows mining/gathering would be as desirable as having a separate permission, it’s hard to guess what motivates people to allow or decline certain types of activity.

5 Likes

Yeah it would be nice to have a separate entry for campfire versus beacon… This way at least it stops building perm but allows a temp situation… great for hunting too…

2 Likes

Yeah I feel like this one would get used.

It’s not a post about “sov owners should let us beacon” because I’m fine with that. But I do suspect that many who don’t want random builds would allow campfires.

This should definitely be added.

2 Likes

I 100% agree it should be added cause I don’t mind people gathering stuff on my planet I had to turn off buildings perms cause some random person was building on my planet

2 Likes

Nice thing about Sovereign rights if you don’t want a build or beacon just force reclaim it. It would be nice if they would separate the perms on the two though. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about it.

1 Like

For me it’s that I’m not done with creating all farms I want to do. Once I would be done with it all I wouldn’t even care if somebody built on my sov. It’s just to save potential farm spots. An extra option for campfires would be great!

1 Like

yes, please allow to give gathering and mining as separate perms, often there are nice colors of wood, foliages or other deco blocks but planet ihave no perm due of being owners mining camp

also beacon/campfires should have their own perm

1 Like

This would be a good thing. I wouldn’t have an issue opening up to campfires, but the reason I don’t currently open up beacon perms on my sovs is because of the low player max on sovs. I would actually like to let people build if they wanted, but only allowing 10 players on a planet at a time could be problematic if loads of people started plotting. I have given people perms if they ask, though.

1 Like