Can I turn weather effects off?

Is there a way to turn off weather effects?

4 Likes

the only thing you can do is go into build mode “B” to turn off some of the effects there is no way in the graphical options to disable them.

Only snow with the plot viewer/builder mode

Damn. Ok thanks. I really hate the weather effect, especially the fog. The way it updates every block space and flashes. It’s makes it so I can’t see anything and it gives me a headache.

5 Likes

I agree with you. I can’t stand any of the weather effects either

4 Likes

I definitely like the idea of weather effects much more than their application. My builds look cool and interesting with snow on them for example but when building it’s very frustrating because you lose color and even texture most of the time.
Cave fog is 100% irritating and as far as I’m concerned should be removed, it contributes nothing.

2 Likes

I was building on Cardass earlier and the yellow fog was absolutely infuriating.

I’ve build portal hubs in the past on all T5+ planets for my then network and I don’t remember it being this bad. The lighting update was amazing but it also made certain weather effects behave differently than before and it can be in such a way that it severely limits visibility. It’s especially annoying considering that it also happens inside…

4 Likes

Yeah, between the snow and the fog, not sure how I was expected to be able to do anything other than stand here until it was done.

Fog needs to get, completely.
Rain by its self is ok
Snow, can gtfo too. Sure it looks nice sometimes, but needs a way to turn it off other than building mode.

4 Likes

We absolutely need a way to turn off weather effects. Better yet, an option with weather effects that allows you to choose from none, low and high. This way everyone is happy and it makes for a very customizable experience.

These types of options are also found in other games so we know that it could be implemented by these talented devs. I truly believe it would be a significant quality of life update worthy of the development time.

6 Likes

Personally I think they just need to balance the weather effects some and tell us if “no weather in building” is actually an option or not. I don’t personally believe we should be able to turn them off… I’m ok with machines to adjust them some maybe.

I’d be fine with the weather effects if they wouldn’t cloud my vision while I’m INDOORS in a fully enclosed underground workshop

The fog, the clouds, getting rain drips INSIDE. … That all needs to GO.

4 Likes

As I have stated before…in EA you could turn the weather on & off so I know it can be done. It was just a switch in the settings.

2 Likes

Sorry, not sorry, for the necro…

@XxymoxX was this setting in the graphics section?

Curious if there will be a weather setting/toggle added in the future? Maybe to rentals or? Some players are still having a really hard time with it. Some builders really aren’t fond of it at all :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t remember where it was exactly (could have been). It was with turning on and off stuff like bloom and god rays so that does sound like where it was.

1 Like

I’ve been through all those settings and nothing affects weather. The only thing I’ve found is to carefully modify the weathereffects.JSON file
It will allow you to turn off the visuals of weather, but when it rains or snows, you’ll still hear the audio. I don’t know which file controls that.

It no longer exists in the menu. It was in EA when it was there.