Can someone lay out the step by step for building a portal?

I build my beacon in the middle of nowhere on Storis II. I’d like to build a long term portal to Alpha Portal Station, but I have no idea what I need.

Can I get all the resources I need on Storis II?

2 Likes

First of, you will not be able to farm/mine everything on Storis II unfortunately.

But Step by Step:

0 - you need the Portal Epic Skill (5 points) in the EPIC-2 category

1 - Select a Destination Portal.
Your goal being In the Alpha Portal Station you need to buy a Portal Token from a shop stand next to a portal. If none is left try to contact the owner of the Portal Station.

2 - Setting up the Portal on your side.
2.1 You need Portal Conduit Blocks depending on the form/size of the destination Portal.
Most often 2-4 Blocks.
2.1.1 You can craft them with a powered Workbench. You will need 1000power, so diamonds from Serpentsarindi or you can buy them (shameless plug) at my shop in Myra on Finata.
2.2 - Build the your portal exactly in the same form/shape/number of blocks as the destination Portal.
2.3 - Put the portal token in your portal

3 - Activate the Portal.
You will need oort shards extracted from oort stones to activate and fuel the portal.
3.1 You can find oort Stones in Meteors dropping on T3&up Planets. You can buy those too, but doing meteors is fun and good for lvling, just put a few points in vitality and kinetic armor and you’ll be fine on T3 worlds.

4 - Enjoy.

edit: added skill req - thx TheBirne

5 Likes

Thanks. Man, I really wish I had known what I was doing when I picked a starting location. …

Being a bit further away from bigger cities isn’t bad.

You’ll be able to build more freely and once you have a portal setup, distance doesn’t really matter anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have picked up and moved a few times. . it takes some time but if you want to be closer to the portals that is certainly understandable. It is hard to know where things are going to be when you start. .

2 Likes

Not to forget: To open a portal you need the portal epic skill (5 sp), if it is open you don’t need the skill to fuel it (just if you reopen it). Also, opening costs a bunch of oort shards so you need a good amount befor you can start.

2 Likes

Yes forgot that I’ll edit the list

1 Like

While I’m here, what’s the 101 on warp conduits?

warp conduits are just quikly made blocks that you use for building short time portals (called warps) which are open up to a minute (and close if you as a the creator goes through). The warp costs coins, 100 when on same world and more when to other worlds, calculated by distance. You can also mine them from old meteors on tier 3+ worlds if you are to lazy to constantly build them ^^

Just place them 2x1 and interact to open a menue. You can jump to saved locations (that’s why I have every PS Portal Hub as a saved one ^^), your beacons and to friends.

1 Like

In a javiita vid I watched (when portals were new) he said you’d need shards to keep them open (1 per hour for smallest) is that still true?

What if the destination portal is 4x2 but all I need is a 1x2. Can you still link both sides or must they be exact dimensions? And does it cost anything to maintain if both portals are on the same planet?

Good guide, thank you. Just got my first oort stones from a level 1 meteor. Be prepared for a hard fight to get those precious stones. I had 8/8 hp skillpoints, 2 points in kinetic res and 1 in kinetic armor and an iron slingbow that got me trough the fight solo, but barely. Just so you know :slight_smile:

yes it is still true. and the larger the portal the more the cost
@dwispa They must be identical, and the costs are based on size with 1x2 costing 50 shards to open and 1 shard per hours afterward

They must be the same dimension. The connection will just be more expensive to keep up.
If you really only need a 1*2 ask the owner of the destination portal to reduce the size.

I could come and put the portal in, fuel it for 200 hours for you for say 5000 coins? Then you just need to worry about adding more fuel before it runs out in 200 hours(8-9 days).

2 Likes

Kinetic resistance is nice but Armor is in my opinion better in the beginning because its a flat damage reduction and not a %change to take no damage.
It makes for way more predictable therefor easier fights.

I appreciate the offer. But I’m running into a chicken/egg situation. I need money for things because I’m far from town…but I also don’t make any coin since I’m not close to a townm
:wink:

What about creating your own tokens? This I’m finding quite difficult to get info on. I cannot seem to find info in knowledge either and my alt has the needed portal epic as well as increased blink

It’s on a separate tab:

1 Like

Thank you!!! Many leave this out for some reason