Can something be done about the bomb griefers?

For the past week a rival shop has had a two of their friends stand in my shop and kill me anyone who enters with healing bombs with max knockback.
Is their anything i can do about these guys i have already reported the guys killing me and my customers ingame a few days ago and you would be able to see the chatlogs of them killing people and the people getting killed asking why they were killed for no reason. and spamming ur trash kid in chat after they kill people.

Ive pretty lost all of my customers and i was forced to shut down my shop portal today.

5 Likes

I thought PvE wasn’t possible?

Max knockback? Sounds to me like they’ve found an exploit which makes it possible to kill other players using a form of Fall Damage if they’re knocked back into something like a wall or a shop stand? I hope the Dev’s look into this asap if this is the case.

EDIT: Also reminds me of what I’ve heard about players taking damage when hitting walls while using a grapple to swing from place to place. The Fall Damage thing needs to be looked into.

(edited 1st paragraph for clarity)

2 Likes

This really has to stop… I was harassed too by some guys with bombs and they had very fun to kill peoples. @Steggs101 might already know.

1 Like

As far as I know there are plans to remove knockback from bombs.

3 Likes

I personally can’t see the point of Knockback. It’s basically useless against say, Cuttletrunks and Spitters because if they’re agro’d and on target, they’ll hit no matter how far away they are. And as for Wildstock, they’ll just keep coming anyway. No point in wasting a bomb there. And Hoppers are slow and easy targets. No further explanation needed.

So, unless knockback was meant to be a PvP thing, which I doubt, it’s basically a useless trait. In my personal opinion.

2 Likes

i hope so because its pretty dangerous healing myself

2 Likes

While I think this definitely should be addressed, I chuckle at how clever my fellow Oortians are. No pvp? Develop emergent gameplay that lets you use healing bombs to kill people.

That’s one interesting thing about sandboxes like this.

1 Like

The irony is indeed, chuckle worthy. I’ll give it that.

I was thinking the same thing. Someone always figures out how to be a jerk.

3 Likes

They’ve been pretty silent so far on the egregious amount of damage taken by hitting walls, but we can still hope.

2 Likes

I think the most annoying is taking damage while jumping in place with the jump epic (or maybe 1 block difference)

4 Likes

And then there’s the Trampoline Block. The list goes on.

1 Like

Honestly I think it just needs tuned. Normal fall damage is almost in a good place, but it’s hard to have fun with swift-reeling grapples with the current state of horizontal impact damage, not to mention the fact that you can kill other players with high-knockback bombs.

2 Likes

About your shop portal, you ran out of oort stones? Or just to stop customers dieing?

both i bought most of my oort stones from customers

I thought they removed knockback for player targeting bombs specifically because of stuff like this?

1 Like

Don’t close down your shop! Just create a new shop on an alt right next to your first shop and only sell knock back bombs. Problem solved.

5 Likes

Could you put your shop stands in the floor, then make your walls/floors out of trampolines? I could help you craft some!

I hate stupid jerks, so anything i can do to thwart them I’ll help!

4 Likes

the knock back is a negative not a positive thing, and its on a healing bomb. It’s quite irritating. It should not be on healing bombs.

@Creegle your so funny

@o.p. closing your shop is giving them what they wanted. don’t give in, and use the report feature.

3 Likes