Can’t use reclaim storage

@AeneaGames did you say you’ve successfully reclaimed numerous beacons? Is it possible some people are doing it slightly different from the way you did? Did you collect each beacon one by one, do them all one right after another, use your master beacon, you main account or alt…

1 Like

Reclaimed 2 beacons, did not go to a beacon to collect yet.
then went to DELETE (not reclaim…) 1x 1 plot beacon + a 1x6 plot beacon, empty as far I know…

all 4 had a entry in beacon reclaim page, I started with the entries I knew to be empty. clicked on that, nothing opened, nothing to take, the page just removed 1 of the beacon-reclaim entries. clicked on one of the other 3, can’t use them. since another is in progress. I could however go to the expired beacon list and now remove that entry I had opened on the reclaim list.

I’ve successfully reclaimed some beacons but on my third beacon reclaim it vanished instantly from the list without me collecting anything and since then I’ve not been able to reclaim anything since.

Did you reclaim all of them on the same day with the same character?

I reclaimed one beacon and then went to my storage to collect contents, did the same with the second then on the third I went to multiple beacons I either no longer needed them so I deleted them due to the contents being not needed, I then reclaimed another 4 beacons, went back to my storage to get the contents, clicked to collect and it vanished without me being able to collect anything.
I made this post and basically got told that I had one active but with it vanishing it wasn’t visible for me so I then reclaimed my whole storage area in hope that it would fix it but nope, so right now I’ve got no storage area because my initial idea was to move all my old beacons into my storage and then collect it all and go through it this weekend whilst I’m not at work… so right now, I’m basically at a stand still until a fix comes into play :man_facepalming:t3:

You can only reclaim beacons on the same character as the beacon owner. I reclaimed a bunch of them. Then went to a beacon near my workshop and clicked one of them there. Both beacons need to be owned by the same character. Once the contents is showing you can use any char with perms on that beacon to clean out that reclaim storage.

I have noticed tho that if you have another character that then tries to use the same beacon that it of course does not work. It even shows as having 0 reclaims available. Perhaps something like that happens, not sure?

1 Like

Are you sure you didn’t set reclaim storage active on some other beacon?
Edit: I did watch video and no reclaim icon on any beacon :frowning:

1 Like

Ok heres my problem. First I Deleted a beacon (Did not reclaim) The second one I did reclaim. I go to another active master beacon click on reclaim and not only the reclaim but my deleted beacon is on the reclaim. I scratched my head and decided “Ok Ill reclaim” nothing shows in reclaim. Fine I delete beacon from expired beacons list and move on to the one I did reclaim. Ok then I get the “only one beacon may be reclaimed at a time” Ok but theres nothing to reclaim it was deleted but ok I’ll go to the options and discard the non existent items, seems legit. I click on “discard reclaim” its greyed out and says “no items will be reclaimed” um yeah I know this.

So now I have no way to get to my legit reclaim because the deleted beacon ended up there in reclaim somehow. ALSO when I went back to the coords of the deleted beacon it was still there unfuelled but not regened (9 hours later)at all, now there were two beacons on it the secondary was fully regened the master beacon however was unregened at all.

So Im stuck with a non existent beacon I never reclaimed in my reclaimed beacon slot, while my legit beacon reclaim is un obtainable because of it.

Oh another thing when I did the reclaim on the one beacon everything ashed except a small section and it read “owned by Blank” (not giving name but it was a player not me) So im assuming his buffer claimed some of my plots and would not ash. It however still allowed me to remove the things manually even though it said he/she owned it. So thats wierd I was gonna go see if I could break anymore of his/her stuff but it was late. So could be possible IDK. PS4 by the way.

2 Likes

never in my life did i find a game so stressful as boundless a game should be relaxing
yet i face with headaches and i just cant be bothered at point anymore knowing i will spend my entire days weeks/months to fix first of all the settlement compactness now the bloody issues that comes with the reclaims, not to mention the beacon, settlement visualization is bugged. really just really where are we going with this i wont give up i never will but come ooooooon for gods sake get a grip already

2 Likes

Any game you play with passion gets stressful.

6 Likes

i guess you are right -.-

1 Like

It was a huge update tho, done during a lockdown, bugs were bound to happen. They already solved quite a few on Friday and am sure they are on top of the remaining ones. The display bugs of beacons, saying unfueled, saying they are not in a settlement, saying it’s regenning, etc. are stress inducing the first time you notice, now I know they are just that display bugs.

The reclaims not working is a more serious bug and should get priority right now.

Also, if you need help, plots for instance, I might be able to help out a bit, I dunno. Also, yes, the compactness is a big change for us players to get used to. Thankfully I managed to get compact on time before the update hit and had to give up on my one single road connecting all my settlements on Trung but other than that I got lucky I think.

This should’ve been in the game from the beginning or at least before we were able to build such big things, haha, now some of us have big issues which seem like impossible to solve. Am sad to say that some beacons probably either need to be removed temporarily until you have way more plots to spend or well, spend way more plots…

I think the bug is in here. From all the posts I’ve seen is that people deleted beacons the old way while they were also reclaiming beacons and somehow the deleted beacons were marked as being reclaimed but they aren’t. So one part of the game thinks they are reclaimable, while the other part thinks they are not. Should be easy enough to repeat in a test environment for the devs I think.

Let’s hope they have a new update for us by tomorrow solving more issues like these!

1 Like

I do agree it would have been nice if this was in the game earlier. It would have avoided some of the issues players are having now. I do understand that the loss of prestige and associated footfall for those builds that went negative can be a big deal for some players. However, at least the remedy was not to just tell players they needed to reclaim the uncompact beacons. The developers and some players do seem willing to help
other players figure out the least disruptive way to correct the issue.

this portion is not a reply to anything Aenea said.

In the end, if players really want more players from events like the Humble Bumble, then it probably is necessary for the player builds to be more compact in order to support more players. I wonder if the developers had imagined that in a year and a half, players would have builds that cover 13,000 plots? And I bet there are builds that have more plots, I know there are single players with more plots.

2 Likes

This is very important, I always see a lot of the comunity wanting more players, but now that we are not that many we are having issues with “plot wars”. Having more players will mean that you wont be able to expand as easily as before. So this compactness thing may actually be a good thing for the future

3 Likes

People play games to relax and build what they enjoy building. It hardly is fun or relaxing if after every update you have to worry about fixng something that was perfectly acceptable at the time it was being built.

This isnt even about room issues this is about in game politics pure and simple, theres no room issues I see plenty of planets with plenty of room. Plus they know that people who play everyday get more plots thats just the mechanics of the game. If you create those mechanics you have to realize down the road you will need to open more room not fence folks in. So you think boxing folks up Helps? I mean those boxes are gonna grow too you know. Plus it restricts creativity as well.

If the game keeps forcing folks to build in a certain way and readjusting, the fun gets removed and frustration moves in, then folks finally leave.

2 Likes

I do not disagree that these kinds of changes are hard on the player base. This particular update did not leave me with anything to change but others have made it necessary for me to rebuild my base from the ground up. I also think we have not see the last of the large changes. I believe that these changes will result in some players leaving the game, I just have to believe that in the end the improvements draw in more players than we loose.

I will disagree with this. Having players wrap planets in roads may be a fulfilling activity for that player but does limit other players from building. It artificially slices up the planet creating smaller spaces for players to build without being interrupted by another players road. Also the way players were using the buffer zones in order to multiply the area they were claiming was definitely taking more space than was necessary. I am not sure how politics has anything to do with this.

Will players eventually gain enough plots just by playing to fill planets up? Sure given enough time. My question was is it happening faster than the developers thought it would. Are the planets more crowded that they had anticipated? Did they believe players would build sprawling builds with roads that extend well beyond the settlement? I don’t know and have never heard any comment regarding this from a developer. However as you stated boxes will grow too. That is a fact. . but at a slower rate that a someone just shooting two plot wide roads out in random directions.

I will disagree that it restricts creativity. If you have the plots you can still build anything you want. You may have to have more plots than you did in the past, but how is that any different than a newer player wanting to build something and needing earn more plots to be able to cover enough land to do it? Are we restricting their creativity because they do not have enough plots yet to build what they want?

2 Likes

The above statement is all I needed to hear. So either it doesnt bother you that it hurts players because you affirm it will. So my next question is why is that ok in an already low population game? Where is this magical population increase going to come from? This isnt the 90s with only a handful of games to choose from. Lotta options out there.

Politics in this game is rampant to feign ignorance is either out of naivety or willfulness. Just look at the forums you see the politics and the divide pretty clearly. More then a handful of ppl have left just because of that.

Lets say Im new and I start playing. I like it and I want to make my own city to draw folks in so I buy 500plots. If Im smart Im gonna create my road system well Im gonna need to leave open spots for folks to build “OOPS!” seems im not compact WTF? I laid out all this cash and for what? a game mechanic that wont allow that. ok Im done. Thats an example.

1 Like

Guess I’m stupid for not building roads?

2 Likes

If we are unwilling to let the developers make changes that might make the game more popular and in the end draw in enough players to actually pay for running and developing the game, then they might as well shut it down now. To your point, this is a low population game. Not enough in my opinion for an MMO with server costs. If players are not staying with the game then maybe the developers need to be free to make the changes that will make it more popular and increase player retention. I would argue they can afford to do it and are willing to do it because it is a low population game. If they had 10,000 active players then the need for some of the changes might be moot.

To infer politics drove the developers is where I have issues. I would agree the politics between groups of players is definitely happening in game and in the forums. Being lucky enough to talk to James from time to time, I am comfortable the changes are in line with his vision for the game. He might solicit opinions from the forums, but in the end he does what he thinks is best for the game and not for a group of perceived favorite players. ( I know he certainly does not always do what I suggest as far as changes to the game, of course I am probably not a favorite either)

And all they have to do is start smaller or wait till they have more plots. I never understand why it is perceived as ok for me to layout a city that covers a portion of the planet with roads and empty city blocks hoping for players to settle there. Don’t lay out 16 city blocks if you do not have the plots or the players that want to settle there. Instead layout 8 blocks or 4 and actually grow if you need to. Why should someone starting a city not have to fill in the blocks between the roads and give them up when a players wants to settle there? Plot what you want and not an outline of what you want. I look at all the planets and constantly see all these planned cities waiting for citizens that have yet to come and may never come.

In the old city I lived we didn’t follow the same blueprint that every other big city used, putting down roads and hoping that someone plots there, it’s a waste of plots, we just let people plot where they want, sometimes we even tour them around town trying to find a good location, and we are even doing that now in our new city on tana. Just let them plot where they want as long as they are not getting in our way.

2 Likes