Can we get some kind of an update

Literally anything. It could be:

“We are busy on BG3 and don’t have a timeline for the next update”

Or:

“We are planning to release 249 within the next few weeks”

Or:

“We have no comment at this time”

But could you please @james provide some kind of update for your community? This game is dead as dead atm to many of us.

It’d be especially great if you could talk to the cadence we can expect for updates for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Wish granted:

4 Likes

He just updated like yesterday? That they were doing a tweak based on user feedback.

In any case, although I’ve no interest in local worlds or combat changes, my to do list is full of projects, so I’m not in the ‘many of us’ section :wink:

5 Likes

Those updates were made 10d ago and said “next week” for a testing update. There was no testing update that I’m aware of. I’d like a new update. I think weekly updates shouldn’t be too much to ask for any game…

1 Like

Actually the second one was 2 days ago.

3 Likes

And it simply said “the update is still coming”

Gee, thanks for that James!

Actually it said they are working on it based on feedback… but I will mute this thread now.

6 Likes

Cool so when’s the update? Next week? The week after that? Next month? Summer 21? Fall? Winter 22? What’s the release cadence going to be moving forward? Quarterly? Bi-annually? Annually?

Dude, would any answer actually satisfy you, or are you just here to vent? You asked for an update, people showed you the update from 2 days ago that explained the exact issue - users on weaker CPUs would have to wait 1+ hours to get into the single player game after install, and they are looking into solutions for that.

Are you asking them to take a second guess about when they will find a solution to that (you can clearly see that the first guess was “last week”), or are you asking them to release something that has a known critical flaw?

I do agree that they should talk about release cadence and future development, though. I think this community could use some reassurance right now, and it has wanted insight into the direction of development for… well, almost since release.

6 Likes

and you also said

So either you don’t understand the meaning of “Literally” just like most other people who overuse that word. Or you should be happy.

4 Likes

As shared by the other community members (thanks!) we’re still working towards releasing the current Testing version to Live.

We’re completing the process of creating a universe via the Main GUI, and not requiring players to use the DUI. This requires us to refactor the startup flow as you will no longer automatically enter the main MMO universe.

We’re also exploring allowing players to download a universe or worlds, instead of generating a universe or worlds.

Once these items are ready they’ll be released to Testing.

Once Testing doesn’t have any major issues it’ll be released to Live.

45 Likes

Thanks, James! Appreciate the update.

2 Likes