Can we speak of New Oortia?

I’d like to walk a non-insulting tightrope here, but I’ll probably fail. I’m uncouth.

What the heck is going on there? It’s becoming quite the eyesore.

Not the builds themselves, but everything seems half done and haphazardly placed. Dude keeps “buying” more and more space but never finishes anything before he expands. There is this huge pit in the center that looks like he just dumped every point getting block he could find into it.

I picked my spot to stay away from the major cities, but if he keeps expanding at the same rate I’ll be absorbed within a week.

It is general practice to do this? I can’t imagine the amount of money he has spent to buy enough plots to surround 5/6 of the lake.

He may have a grand plan, but I really wish he’d do less expanding and more finishing. At least fix the roads in the city itself.

1 Like

If the person you mention is planning a massive build, securing the land is top priority. Whats the point in starting to build if you cant complete it because of a few plots claimed by someone else.
They might be levelling up their char to unlock the plots before they start building…or they might like the footfall coin idk.
Best way to know is to speak to the owner calmly, or offer to help build?

6 Likes

I’ve gone looking for him but he never seems on when I am. I was kinda hoping he was on here.

It just seems like wsy too much area to be gobbling up.

I’m a noob so I may just be overreacting.

It’s a sandbox MMO. People play the way they want. I know a few large hubs that are quite the eyesore as well. But it’s their game and they deserve the right to play they want.

But honestly, alot of these larger establishments will eventually fold in a few months. Some of them just aren’t sustainable IMHO. And when they fold, that’s where the fun begins with looting and such :wink:

Everything is so new that people have the land grab mentality but not enough of them have the resources (and time) to execute on the vision.

10 Likes

^^ :ok_hand:

Well…I don’t want him to fail, just finish his peas before he moves on to desert.

1 Like

Aye. If you can’t reach him for a convo and use diplomatic measures, maybe consider relocating? I know it sucks but could be better for your sanity in the long run.

I’ve built far too much at this point. Lol.

3 Likes

ya can also just move out and put land for sale sign :wink:

Alas, I can’t craft signs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Strange how neolithic technology requires power coils… many people arn’t happy how costly signs are.

4 Likes

Welp. I’ll be seeing you in the insane asylum soon, then. lol

Nice build btw.

1 Like

come pick one up :wink:
i still only got a workbench
but there are other ways to obtain stuff
my main source off income has always been footfall its also a way to aproach the game

1 Like

Twe should at least get wooden signs at the workbench tier.

3 Likes

our the non linking signs on workbench

Are u talking about the Capital on Storis II ?

I hear ya. I wish portals were not so costly to upkeep. I’d pay someone to build me a door in town to promote footfall if I thought I could maintain it.

1 Like

Yup. That’s the one.

Where is ur place, lets meet at the portal Grovidas Te,
Give me your ID, i can take a look and ask them if possible to leave u some space for future expand.

I have my own portal set to my planets hub, they’re not that costly to be honest. Runs about 75 coins per day. Rough Oort costs ~200 coin and provide 50 shards. Each shard lasts for one hour. So maintaining a portal is incredibly cheap, even cheaper if you run across meteors on your own. I’m not factoring spark into the cost because I’m surrounded by peat and have a ton of it compacted (Mass crafting it is 10,000 spark I believe, not a huge deal to me)

I made 500 in coins from football yesterday, not a ton. But enough to buy two Rough Oort or four days to powder it. But in a four hour period I got enough stuff to power it for 3 and a half weeks so it’s not bad.

2 Likes