Can we speak of New Oortia?

I can only wait u for 5 min, so hurry up :slight_smile:
Plz , i am really busy in real life right now, so if you can’t make it, u need to contact them by urself :slight_smile:

I’m SW of NW Oortia. You can see the orange blob of my home from town, waaay in the distance.
At work right now.

Ur ID in game is Syk ?

No, Smoulder. I’m right behind Syk

then u worry too much -_-
I saw ur place, its really really far…
They are building a huge shopping mall on the lake.
So ur place is totally safe i think.

1 Like

Good to hear.

I’m just glad to know there is a plan.

I do like shopping. :wink:

Yeah they are building a huge shopping mall by only 2 people there i think.
But once they done, it will be a remarkable project for sure.

Roughly how many plots? I’m always interested in seeing how other large projects are progressing.

Man, that’s hard to say. Has to be at least 300, not counting the unclaimed area in the middle.

Your more then welcome to come live by me. I own Elders Peak to the west of New Oortia on top of a mountain. There is a very huge field at the base of the mountain and some flat spot leading up to the peak. I’m very active and wouldn’t mind another neighbor. Once I get my hunter another 2-3 levels I’ll be able to farm oort shards regularly for a portal to hopefully Aqua hub on finata (they have better portal system imo, no offense PS). But I’m mainly a builder, and I’m always expanding down the mountian.

1 Like

They got a huge building in the works, from size it looks like itll be around 80-120 plots. It look like it gonna be a huge cathedral, but I guess itll be a shop.

I think I’ve seen your icon in the distance. I’ll have to visit. :slight_smile:

Our build is almost entirely confined to the lake. If you’re concerned about being absorbed, PM me letting me know the coords of your base and we can try to leave enough gap.

We hope to have the central shop done in less than two weeks. It is approximately 9x9x9 claim block so it is by no means a fast built project. The surrounding city will be under construction for quite some time, given that we estimate it at over 5,000 claim blocks.

Given the size of the project we will need many many resources. The central shop will have request baskets set up for these resources soonish. If you want to sell watch the trade section of the forums, Ill post about everything we are buying as be get closer to construction.

1 Like

Hiya neighbor.

Being absorbed wasn’t my biggest concern, it was tons of half-built stuff causing an eyesore. Obviously that’s not an issue if there are long term plans underway.

Good luck on the build!

For sure. Am solo player so its takin a bit to get up to the bigger settlements size. But I got 50krep so far, so I’m chugging along.

1 Like

Thats cus you can buy plots for cash. Thanks devs.

Hello @Biv,

I am the main designer of New Oortia. Let me first say, thank you for the inquiry, and albeit a difficult read and response on my part, to not jump to the defense of my own build.

The intention (which it has always been from the start) is to create an experience for players to visit (apart from the “Vegas” looking eyesores on other planets - my opinion and no offense intended) an amuse themselves at the ingenuity and art of my build. @IAintNerdy was correct in his statement that securing the outermost portion of the build was a priority and to serve further as a courtesy line to others who do not wish to be enveloped by a large build.

The inner most portion of the city aside from the central building will eventually open up for others to claim, to share in the footfall and selling opportunity. We will also have available a portal hub for those of you who wish to link to our build.

As I do have an incredibly active school and work life, our progress will certainly not be paced to anyone’s expectation but our own. That all being said rest assured that the city before your gaze will not remain an eyesore but instead a magnificent example for others to follow. I hope for my build to serve as an inspiration or standard for future builds.

I have many projects on my claim and as to their state I give you this quote from Pablo Picasso “I begin with an idea, and then it becomes something else.”

I hope you are sated by this information.

4 Likes

Like I said in my first post, I suck at expressing myself online for some reason.

I’m actually extremely encouraged by the responses, especially your intent to avoid the gleaming cubes of gaudy horribleness. :slight_smile:

I couldn’t tell if there was a plan or just a land grab with never-to-be-completed projects littering the landscape, looking like the post apocalypse. You know, online being what it is.

So it’s aaaaallllllllll good. I may even contribute a shop when I get the means.

Good luck on the project!

3 Likes

i hope it look good :wink:

You are not overreacting but I think many understand.

I know from my side I am in a group that has a HUGE build planned so we have stuff all over the place and everything is partially done. Do remember that there is no more wipe so some of us know that we will be here a long time and our builds will get done but it might take a while. Also I am stuck having to help other members in the group so I can’t get to my builds which means the sand and partial stuff stays longer than I like.