Can we stop the necroing?

I made it, it’s in the memes thread. Made me smile to see it used again, just like this :grin:

Fun fact, or maybe I’m just bragging, I got on Reddit front page with a meme on Friday then my friends sent me two Instagram posts by other people, of my meme, with like 300,000 total likes :sunglasses:

I hope that isn’t too far off topic in this necroing thread

6 Likes

It’s one post not to bad

(Enter witty phrase here)

2 Likes

Heh you have to let the thread fade away a bit longer for it to be a necro. After only a day it’s more of a resuscitation.

5 Likes

I know this says who I’m not from the future so I’m actually posting a year ago btw boundless is booming we’ve gotten every we’ve ever wanted also COVIDs gone

1 Like

8 days feels about right but man it’s nice when you get to bring it back after a month or so, lol

2 Likes

its worth the most points when its really old.

4 Likes

Oh my god we should keep score! “__ days” = that post’s point value.
We can tally them up every anniversary of the original post

2 Likes

That sounds like a sick (double entendre intended) psychological game. Like the more time that passes the value increases exponentially so everyone needs to trust each other to let it build but only one can cash in.

1 Like

Points double after a week, triple after 2 weeks…

1 Like

Didn’t Reddit do that with The Button?

1 Like

Thats sort of the joke behind my harry potter house points comments

I think i have dropped it in this thread too…

I need to stop posting cause im killing this threads point value :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Looks like more of a ‘keep it alive’ thing. This would be about how long you can go without hitting the button but whoever does gets to bank all the points.

2 Likes

The Button was both - When the timer hit zero, it ended. On the other hand, it was, in some circles, prestigious to have your account marked that you had hit the button at lower remaining times.

The analogous to that here would be the idea that the thread might auto-lock after too much inactivity. With a 14 day auto-lock, the goal would be to be the person who responded after 13 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes without letting the thread lock.

2 Likes

That’d be fun for ‘closest wins’ but we could also do a cumulative score too over the course of a year or more.
(And maybe talk someone into making a badge for bragging rights…lol)

1 Like

Id like to see a 2 week auto bump for non-responsive threads. I mean you never know if it might be good later or the fourth time. :thinking:

1 Like

What’s necroing?

Resurrecting an old old thread or corpse.

2 Likes

Time to time, somebody posts a funny corpse, jumping out of the grave :slight_smile:
In all threads…

It is quite funny.

Regards,

3 Likes

5 Likes