Can you help me decide how to sort colors? [COMPLETED]

Color sections I think. Or shades. I’d be interested to see how shades looks if you/somebody wanted to mock it up in testing and post a quick video.

Definitely not by number IMO. I did that if you want to see it, under Row C of my mall @JaceyLive

You can see color groupings at Van Goo’s Paints, @Scavenger’s shop in my mall, #F0

My color collection will be moving to Boundless University soon (once we build that) and I’m gonna redo it all either in color groupings or shade groupings.

Woooow thanks @DKPuncherello… Old store name there. It’s been VanGoo’s Paints for awhile now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Right right haha :blush:

1 Like

ill rather sort it by numbers, easy to navigate, if new exos color list show up im searching my storage by numbers of colors to see which i have or which i need to farm

haha @Mittekemuis is obviously the only builder who voted in this! Arranging them this way is the best for deciding colour palettes and gradients correct?

Everyone else, me included, just wants them sorted and easy to find :joy:

2 Likes

Can’t vote, but by colours then light to dark shades within

turned voting off now, its fair to see what people prefer :slight_smile:

Did this for myself, used it to organize my by color store.
Both system under this thread:

6 Likes

@Heureka That’s what I used for our paint shop. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Have to add 1 to the numbers to get ingame numbers, 0 is default to planet palette.
I was thinking to fix it, but i am to lazy…

if it is for a purpose of finding a specific color, would it be possible to arrange them by both hue and shade in an 28 x 16 (hue x shade) grid ?

1 Like

You are free to try :slight_smile:

I’d sort them all with numbers, as i already plan to do so for my gargantuan colour storage :crazy_face:

Ok so here is what I have done for myself as each colour has a third variable being the L (lightness). So to display this I have the grid arranged by colour and hue and then grouped by their L value.

In reality this should be a “colour cuboid” and each of these groups stacked on top of one another. Also I realise that I should of ordered each group in the opposite order, but it serves it’s purpose.

Disclaimer: This is a sheet ripped off another sheet and simply rearranged by me for my purposes. The clever stuff is not my work and I take no credit for it whatsoever.

4 Likes

This should be possible.

Of course @fante would vote for sort by number. He doesn’t want to have to redo his shops! Haha

it is definitely possible, but with all the empty spaces it might not be suitable for just any project

It’s what I’m gonna use for my deep storage

Liking this colour grid idea saved a copy of the spreadsheet thanks!

1 Like

From the shop owner perspective number is easier to keep it organized and to always have the right amount of room from a shopper perspective I prefer color. I’m still holding out hope that they will put color number tints In an update

1 Like