Can't Add Fuel to New Beacon

Hi, I’m trying to set up a 4th or 5th beacon I think, and it won’t accept fuel for some reason. I’ve tried relogging, same thing. I place the Minor Beacon Fuel in the Beacon Fuel box on the new Beacon. Is this a bug? Is there an a feature that I’m ignoring or forgetting?

How much time is already on the beacon? Each amount of fuel only fills for the limit is has. So a minor has 2 weeks and you cannot stack like 2 to create 4 weeks. So it will only fill up to 2 weeks.

Also to limit the fuel waste it will only be allowed to be applied when the counter is close to being done. Not sure exactly when but it won’t let you like apply it and only get a few minutes additional time.

More than likely your beacon is already fueled to the max for that type of fuel… Use fuel that gives 4 weeks or something… but again that will only give a max of 4 weeks for that fuel.

The beacon is not fueled, I actually can’t fuel it at all.

Interestingly enough, it looks like I can’t place a bonfire either. It immediately says “Expired” and becomes lootable.

Are you certain it is not in an area that is either “owned” or “reserved” by another player? You can tell this by hitting the ground where you are trying to place the beacon and see if it gives you a little message like that.

What planet?

Completely Wild. Not owned or reserved (I have perms on the nearest reservations anyway). I’m in Hash Village on Therka.

Only unusual element is that I’m trying to place these at a very high altitude (top of a tower).

You could be at the top of the world. I am not sure what altitude the world ends but that might be the issue. What is your altitude. I know you can see that in the Places, locations

FYI for everyone else… ended up being plots reserved much lower down… It appears wild can show higher up if you get too far away from the owned plots.

3 Likes

maybe you are out of plaots :slight_smile:

Still have plots. Xald’s post is correct: plots extended further up than is listed. I was trying to place a beacon on plots that were showing up as being Wild, but they were actually directly above plots which were beaconed by another player. I was very very high above these plots, this seems to be the source of the bug.

3 Likes