Can't chisel dark matter seams

So here’s something that is getting slightly annoying, currently.
On my Creative World, I can’t seem to be able to chisel Dark Matter seams (like rift seams, oortstone seam, etc).
By default, I can only give myself these embedded in metamorphic rock, and I’m not able to type-change the type of rock.

Could this limitation be lifted? Or could we get variations for each of the Dark Matter seams embedded in the 3 types of rocks, at least?

1 Like

you using gem chisels?

I just tried using a gem chisel on an umbris seam, in non-creative, and i can’t chisel it, either.

Well it’s because when you use a transformation chisel on a gem seam block I assume it changes what kind of gem it is. It doesn’t affect the block the seam is on. And lucent gems cannot be changed to one of the other types of lucent. So it would remain the same forever. Have you tried with other types of seams? Like with fossil/coal seams? If you use a transformation chisel does it do anything?

I also want to say seams can only be slope chiseled. So if you’re trying a different type of chisel it wouldn’t work.

1 Like

My point was more around not having the seams in all the 3 types of rocks in the give-menu. I can only place them in metamorphic rocks.

1 Like

Gob is correct
Should be changed

If I understand this correctly, you want to use a chisel with the Transformation boon to change the type of blocks on seams such as Umbris (which is the dark matter blocks you’re referring to). Is that the case?

So, to me, the ideal thing to do would be (for Creative Mode only) to :

1. Allow a gem chisel to cut into these umbris/rift/blink/oort seams.
  2. Add umbris/rift/blink/oort seams incrusted in sedimentary/igneous rock to the knowledge/self-give tab.
  3. Allow us to type-change a umbris/rift/blink/oort seam, either into another of the 4 seams, or into another of the 3 rock types. Both outcomes would be welcomed.

I can understand why you wouldn’t want 1) and 3) to be in Sovereign/Survival, and 2) would be useless/redundant in Sovereign/Survival. But in Creative, it could be useful.

1 Like