Can't connect, error 17

Just bought game on steam, can’t log in. Log says
[2020-04-01 16:57:39.765] [INFO] SetAuthState CONNECTING
[2020-04-01 16:57:41.822] [ERROR] AuthUsername::LoginCallback: (0) Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 1232: Connection refused
[2020-04-01 16:57:41.823] [WARN] LoginCallback error parsing error JSON
[2020-04-01 16:57:41.823] [ERROR] AuthUsernameError: COULD_NOT_LOGIN
[2020-04-01 16:57:41.823] [INFO] SetAuthStage unknown 3
[2020-04-01 16:57:42.773] [INFO] SetAuthState CONNECTING_ERROR

Looks like game tries to log on some local service instead of game server somehow.

This usually a steam server issue. May want to restart steam or wait a bit

restarted steam twice, and it’s been an hour since I’ve started trying, checked firewall and stuff

and it doesn’t really makes sense that game is trying to connect local host - may it be some configuration glitch?

Is your firewall doing something? That could be it.
What country are you in?

i turned firewall off
i am in russia, but i guess that’s not the cause, my wife sits beside me and plays Boundless just fine
same wifi network, game bought with same credit card same day

I think it might be my username - it’s cyrillic, gotta try logging in as another user

In an older post, the same issue was caused by antivirus SW… not sure if its the same for you.

I confirm, switching to latin-letter windows username helped. Devs, what kind of lame programming is that? Ever heard about UTF encoding?

1 Like

Logging as latin-named user helped. I switch back to cyrillic user - and got error again. This kind of bugs was pretty usual back in 2000s, but I never thought I’ll encounter such stupid bugs in 2020.

UPD: I meant Windows 10 user account name all the time. It affects user profile folder name.

1 Like

While I am no programmer, the Error 17 appears to be a Steam error and maybe not a Boundless one (unsure), but either way these kinds of forum posts are likely not to get your “issue” fixed and will alienate you from a lot of Bounldess players on your first day. Just a thought.

Is everything okay now @Shiaju? Or is it still happening?

I use separate windows account for logging into the game for now, and it’s kinda gross. The game itself is pretty nice, though. Considering full migration on new account for now.

1 Like

Welcome to boundless.
Russian neighbour

1 Like