Can't create a storage block

I’m trying to create a storage block but nothing shows up in the craftable/uncraftable recipes when I put stones in. Not sure if this is a bug or I’m just stupid. Help would be appreciated!

do you have the skill to build it?

1 Like

Just as @Jeffrotheswell said, you do need the skill “Basic Props Recipes” to make any sort of Stone or Wood storage blocks

Guess I was just being stupid. Nope I don’t have the skill, thanks for the help!

1 Like

Glad to be of some help

Strange, I would expect something as important as storage to at least have a basic version to craft straight away.

Will say this, Crafting Tables make a perfect storage unit when you don’t have access to Storage Blocks, the difference here is:

Crafting Tables:

Pros:

• They can carry 8 items
  • Cheap to make
  • Craft your common goods

Cons:

• They can’t be placed next to one another
  • You have to sift through your crafting stations for desired items, unless specifically sorted
  • Can only Access one Crafting Table at a time

Neutral:

• They may not be Aesthetically pleasing in large groups, depending on your preferences
  • These can only be crafted out of wood

Storage Blocks:

Pros:

• They can be placed together
  • You can access up to 9 storage blocks by interacting with a storage block surrounded by more
  • It is easy to sort stuff out and visually see where your goods are
  • You can make Stone or Wooden storage blocks of any color of the used rock/wood type

Cons:

• Requires at least “Basic Props Recipes” to craft
  • Are more expensive to make

Neutral:

• Each block has 4 slots vs. 8, but are more Aesthetically pleasing and easier to access

And, to conclude this, an area of 3x3 of 9 Storage blocks supplies 36 storage slots, where a 3x3 area of 5 Crafting Tables provide 40 slots of storage, either you want maximum storage or user friendly interaction with storage

Yeah, I only needed to make a storage block for a quest. I usually just use crafting tables.

Do you have to craft one? Or can you obtain it from another player and just place it down? I forget which…

Maybe when i’m online or someone available maybe able to give you a storage block to complete the quest if all you need is to obtain and place it.

Yeah I’m pretty sure you can just buy one from another player. (I did that with a quest that required you to make a lock). But I went mining and leveled up a bit and got the skill required for building it, so I’m fine now.

1 Like