Cant remove Beacon

Maybe I am missing something :confused:

I went around and removed all of my plots. I checked my locations and possible other camps and removed all of them (this is a new toon so there wasn’t much to delete), But, I am still unable to remove my Beacon. it says “Can’t break Master Beacon Control, Remove all added plots first”

I am unable to remove anything else and I am unsure of what to do now. I would like to move to a different spot but I don’t want to leave this random Beacon here. There is a good chance I will forget about it and I’m not sure if the plot it uses will de-spawn or not when it expires in 5 weeks :confused:

I say interact with the beacon and under rename beacon or beacon name, once you click it, should say how many plots are attached to it, should say 1 in order to remove it.

If it says 2, then it’s probably underground. That happened to me. And didn’t realize until I checked the Beacon UI

5 Likes

There was, weird. I didn’t put one below… lol. I had to dig down into the ground to find it. thanks, I had checked this in the surrounding area but not directly below the Beacon.

2 Likes

It’s actually really easy to put one underground without noticing. I have had this issue many times as well. Glad you were able to find the issue. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True that, @slyduda.
I have done that numerous times, as placing a plot takes a fraction of second (comparing to sometime quite slow swing speed when using tools, waving the plotter is fast; I wish it was slowed down a bit - obviously not as much as removing plot as plotting needs to be faster for builders convenience).

Another reason behind that extra plot can be a campfire. If you started with a campfire in this location and then eventually placed a beacon, you would have that extra plot as campfires claim 2 plots vertically (as opposed to beacon claiming 1 plot when placed first time in wilderness).

1 Like

I’ve noticed that if I place my beacon at the bottom of the plot where another plot would start below it, it seems to autoplot a 2nd plot underneath.

If you start the beacon from a campfire you automatically beacon 2 plots the one your campfire is in and one under it. It’s been like this for some time, so probably intended.

yes - its the campfire that claims 2 plots vertically. If you place beacon where you have campfire you will have 2 plots.
If you start with a beacon, you will have 1 plot only.

i wonder how many plots are still out there under our builds lost forever :slight_smile:had this happend 30times and showed people propably 100times

1 Like

this issue arises so many times for myself (untill i have to keep remembering - either the initial campfire generates 2… or once you add a beacon to a campfired area, another plot appears above/below - i honestly do not know if this is working as intended or if its a bug… i for one dont want to be forced to have two verticle plots when i lay a beacon/campfire…)

Just saying, maybe this is part of the above issue? (basically as i say… once i lay a campfire/beacon (for the add beacon quest as a new character) i end up with two verticles

Just to add - at this point when i lay the campfire? or the first becaon its says plots used - 2 of 2 - essentially forcing you to use both