Cant start boundless

Last update ended up with this message upon starting the game:

An error occurred while updating Boundless (content file locked):
C:\Program Files (…) \boundlessloader.exe

I validated files, got 1 needing update but it couldn’t do it so I uninstalled the game, downloaded it again, installed and ended up with the same message.

Any ideas what to do next?

I got the same error. Was to do with the anti virus. So everyone I play I disable the anti virus then load boundless and works a dream

Yeah but I hv antivirus on gameplay mode and never gave me problems. I played through all updates last 2 months.

Same for me. And I had it on gaming mode

I shall try to disable shields and such so…

disabling shields helped downloading 2 files that failed validating before, but I cant play anyway as portals in Sanctum dont open :disappointed:

actually - one opened once but after stepping into the Munteen fields I discovered empty land without creatures and got disconnected after about a minute…

Are you still having issues getting into the game?

Yes. Couldnt play today at all. Either the portals dont open or the world doesnt load (no creatures, just terrain) and I get connection error throwing me back to Sanctum. I spent a lot of time digging through my anti-virus and checking my router options but its all as it was before and Boundless is not blocked by security software at all.

Yesterday I managed to have around 10-15 minutes gameplay but connection was crazy and I couldnt move or do anthing smoothly - had to drop it.