Centraforge QoL

I think it might help the devs if we collect some suggested QoL changes and show support for things we want. We should try to avoid buffs in terms of ingredients or forge outcomes…but I will admit some of my own suggestions might cross that line.

QoL:

• A button/option to auto-skip the animation
  • A button/option to auto-refill the forge ingredients from your inventory
  • Forge deck placed closer to “Activate” button
  • Option for clicking ingredient to automatically put it into the forge (and possibly activate as well, use at own risk. Maybe double click to activate?)

Gums:
I admit this straddles the line so I’ll attempt to nerf this suggestion. For my POV, the boon-finding process is not that expensive in terms of ingredients or outcomes, just time consuming and annoying.

• A new gum tier which is appropriately more expensive to craft and use (vigour), but has 0 chance of straying. i.e. randomly getting a glow boon when you have effect gum (you still face the risk of getting the wrong effect boon). Maybe it’s as costly as using 3-4 gums, but I think some people would still use it. This is sort of QoL because you don’t have to deal with the tedium of putting in 2-3 gums nor the sanity check of getting a totally random boon.

I have to admit I actually enjoy boon straying because I remember the times where I got lucky but I know it bothers a lot of people.

I’d like a centrforging option where you just tell it exactly what to do and it does it… yes? Anybody?

4 Likes

Centraforging Jarvis?

In fact, it would be preferable if you can have like an NPC to do your centraforging for you. 100% success rate in seconds. That way I wouldn’t have to go near the damn thing again.

2 Likes

Ahh but my favorite thing about the forge is knowing how much it drives other people insane, whereas I’m already there

2 Likes

I used to actually LOVE the gambling aspect of it. But now I full on breakdown when my shop sells out of something. RNG has not been kind lately. I imagine a dev sitting on my centraforge going “nope, I think that slingbow needs Glow instead, here have energy saver too”

4 Likes

You mean like a crafting recipe?

How would I earn coin then???

Which reminds me, I need to forge this weekend…

What I have proposed once tho is that you can teach, program if you will, the forge what to do when certain things happen. Ie. it does the same exact thing as now but you can make a sort of automated script that does it for you, then it turns out in 1 situation it goes wrong, one you did not account for, you add a rule for that occasion, etc.,etc.
This way your very own automated process will get better over time and it will start to act more like a regular recipe.

But before it’s like that you will have to put quite a lot of time into it!

I would like that idea, sometimes I need to forge something, for myself usually and my shop has run out then too so can’t grab it from there, and then I want to do it quickly but it usually happens when I’m rather tired or somesuch and then I tend to mess up way, way more often and this would allow me to just make them anyway!

Of course I would also always have stock :wink: