Central shopping planet

So, people are lazy and will probably check only a few planets to find the best price. Eventually this will boil down to a few popular planets, and eventually will centralize on one planet that most people buy and sell on, because being off that planet will simply cause less sales. The planet chosen is a factor of community opinion, so here it goes. What planet would everyone prefer to be the price-check planet of choice?

sorry I was way too lazy to sort these. I split into 3 polls because it only supports 20 options each; Itā€™s multiple choices anyway so this still works.

• Lasaina
  • Lutrion
  • Boori
  • Flan
  • Galan
  • Malurialakrib
  • Sochaltin I
  • Finata
  • Lamblis
  • Circarpous I
  • Besevrona
  • Arie
  • Refgar
  • Antar VI
  • Gloviathosa
  • Cardass
  • Niia Zed Ka

0 voters

• Imoco
  • Gellis
  • Eresho
  • Xa Frant
  • Kol Huroo
  • Beckon
  • Pheminorum
  • Biitula
  • Delta Cancret
  • Serpensarindi
  • Maryx
  • Trior
  • Kada I
  • Cephonex Merika
  • Shedu Tier
  • Alder
  • Sorissi

0 voters

• Raxxa
  • Tana VII
  • Gyosha Ophin
  • Houchus I
  • Storis II
  • Seginiakai
  • Grovidias Te
  • Till
  • Alnitans
  • Angel I
  • Minorengle
  • Imdaari
  • Alcyon
  • Norkyna
  • Dzassak
  • Trung

0 voters

1 Like

Well I can say my option is not on there lol. If I were playing I wouldnā€™t care what the ā€œbuy and sellā€ planets are. I would sell my goods were itā€™s most convenient to me. If I hypothetically have less sales because of it oh well.

9 Likes

Because Iā€™m lazy I just put whichever my home planet happens to be :grin::+1:

8 Likes

I really like the idea of a centralized shopping planet. It could be very interesting if its pulled off efficiently.

Could even be modeled after the valerian big market lol

1 Like

None of the below is said to offend or with a negative tone, just an outlook at this idea.

I would be quite happy to browse around tbh its pretty easy as i can just use the TNT planet hub and walk in and out of every planet if i so chooseā€¦one jumps no gates :slight_smile:

Also I have my go to places, and also enjoy stumbling on new ones just portal hopping or while iā€™m out gathering

I doubt people that have their shop attached to their base and a steady flow of customers are going to be in a hurry to move.

Would making a singular shopping planet likely mean that particular world could end up being full at peak times and therefore often inaccessible?

If the wider community did think this idea would be useful then would it perhaps make more sense to have a ā€œshopping planetā€ on each server so everyone has a lag free experience?

14 Likes

This right here is a very valid concern. I think that the only way it could be pulled off is if the allowed playercount per server was upped significantly if this was a popular idea.

4 Likes

Me either, but it is what it is.

yup. and the devs hate this. I hope they are motivated to get a universe wide solution sooner rather than later. Iā€™m not trying to promote this pattern, simply identifying that it exists and helping people move forward with it.

although this would be nice we canā€™t control people. The pattern results in a single regions that has the most popular planet in my opinion.

EDIT:

since thereā€™s a bit of math involved to get the real vote comparisons, I can do said math and post the top few entries periodially. basically total votes times percent over one hundred should give you the apoximate actual votes for the planet.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s a few planets that already basically have this.
Eresho, Biitula, & Gyosha come to mind.

6 Likes

I guess the vote is to ask the community which planets they think these are. you should vote up top =D

I donā€™t really have a vote or preference or whatever. Generally I can find what I need on a planet so far. If itā€™s not a price I like I was using the TNT hub to just poke in and out to volume check. As long as I consider the cost fair Iā€™ll buy it on planet noname even if itā€™s more expensive than others. At the end of the day Iā€™m not going to pay for something I donā€™t think is valued correctly. All I and anyone Iā€™ve ever played with wanted was just the ability to see what inventory each planet had. I know folks want a more thorough system but the current one works great for me.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to abstain from voting as I honestly donā€™t think it will end up like you describe.

12 Likes

As others have mentioned, we already basically have this. There are so many empty stores, or stores with prices that are months out of date because the owners are only checking in once a month, if that. We all know where the stores with the ā€œgoodā€ buy and sell prices are, this update will just add a few more to the list, or even better, let those people whoā€™s prices are out of wack what they should be priced at to actually do better business. After all, why am I going to spend 5000C on a coil when I can get it for 1300C, or even better, 500C.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. I donā€™t know why there ends up having to be only 16 shops across the whole universe that get to be the go to store for the whole game for each item. Each planet should be able to handle itā€™s own little economy.

5 Likes

The main reason I think this could possibly happen is that people want to buy things for cheap and sell for expensive. If you search multiple planets and end up going to the same planet(s) over and over again, I think people will start checking the other planets at a reduced rate. The problem builds over time in my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah I agree this decision on the Devā€™s part will likely cause some consolidation for sure because people want stuff fast and easy most of the time. I do feel, though, that even a Universe based solution would have resulted in some of the same things happening because people would want to be beside popular shops.

I hope that the isolation might create more groupings though and increase the amount of shops because of how people will see smaller area of data. Of course for the edge areas or low traffic areas normally that could hurt shops as well.

I still feel we need way more economy help in the form of contracts, services, etc. A small listing of resources like this is a nice add but doesnā€™t seem that it will give a big win compared to more functionality and options in the economy space.

it would be awesome if people could go into their beacon and write some text on how to get to their shop into some field there.Then the game could provide this text to the user when they are looking at the list. I think with the hubs available in-game this would reduce the problem when a universe wide shop list becomes available. Iā€™m sure there are more ideas and yes it will never be perfect, as people still want to centralize regardless of everything.

2 Likes

I do not see this as a bad thing at all. In fact I even suggested in the previous scanner threads that this is exactly what will happen.

Player A wants to sell his items for a cheap price, because they just do not care. They are having fun. The price they put up is what they want for it. They value their time vastly different than others.

Player B wants to sell at a high rate and is able to do so because of accessibility to portals/etc

Player C wants to compete with Player B but lacks the accessibility/ time to craft/gather themselves. They see player A sells many goods at a very cheap price so they are able to run around and spend their time ā€˜gatheringā€™ in that manner and then flip for a profit pricing a bit cheaper than player B to make them more attractive to shop at given they may not have the luxury of accessibility or volume that player B has which allows player B to charge a higher price.

In fact I think this conversation was going on about persisting pies and this is the reason I didnā€™t think theyā€™d ever drop to 40c

4 Likes

I voted gyosha for majorvex mall :slight_smile: might be a bit bias to the mall, but biitula is a popular planet as well!

3 Likes

This is totally me, although I havenā€™t been able to check my stands in weeks. Prices that i think are fair seem to be waaaaaaay lower than the ā€œaverage priceā€. :sweat_smile:
Edit: like my goo price and my early days advanced coils prices

3 Likes

Hehehe, Loophole guy here - Iā€™ll be adding portal distances to my portal signage - so that if someone sees my price they will know that mine is the one 2413m away and come visit anyways :wink: :exploding_head:

2 Likes