Change the way the defeat penalty works

This probably won’t be popular, but hopefully people can look at the over all benefit to the game (I think), rather than just at their own personal situation.

I remember when I first started out, the defeat penalty was horrible, it really made a difference to how I played, it was way too harsh.

Now I barely even think about it, it’s more of an irritant that I don’t go back exactly where I was, or if I fell for a while, that then have to try and find my way back.

So, I would propose that the defeat penalty should scale even more with character level.

That would be a far more balanced approach, and actually add a potential amount of ‘peril’ for high level players.

High level players can manage it better as they will have more opportunities to acquire buffs and epics that reduce the penalty.

I can see the benefit of it being less off putting for new players and adding a little bit of ‘checks and balances’ for veterans.

Edit: Thinking about it some more, I think that it maybe more that xp becomes almost irrelevant, so maybe something else needs to be thought about.

Not sure, but it seems to punish new players way more that established ones, which is wrong.

2 Likes

I forgot there was a skill for this. I wonder what happens if you stack it with the guild buff.

I see no solution here that will fix that, cause the fact of the matter, is established players will always be able to do things more effectively then a new player or a timmy, Exp gain across various activities is extremely asymmetrical, with exploring giving you next to nothing, and mining/crafting giving you quite an amount.

So by trying to tamper with the situation in the way you propose, you are also punishing players who do not want to mine or have access to materials to craft 24/7

I am against nerfing things, unless someone can present a compiling reason why a nerf needs to happen., I think exp gain for other things needs to be boosted so exp gain is more uniform no matter what it is you pick to do in the game. cause it is easy to get exp if you know how to do it and you purposefully put the effort into play the game in that manor,

It is also partly a mater of perspective as well, some high level players will have all the plots they want, so exp will be of little value to them at that time, while other players at max level are still having plot problems, in which case anything that slows down that progress will be felt a hell of alot more

1 Like

Essentially you’re saying that newer players get punished more by the existing mechanic. And your solution is to punish older players more? I’m not really following your logic here.

This is just plain not true. I found XP to be even more of an important factor after hitting 50, because of the plots it affords you. This will obviously vary from person to person, depending on their playstyle. But XP is VERY relevant to me still.

4 Likes

Being as it’s the same amount across the board I’d argue it’s equal. As XP will always be important for getting plots. I absolutely hated dying at any period in time be it level 10 or level 200+ would always make me have to go buy a teaching pie.

I still hate dying with a passion because I want more plots, always!

I even go so far as to then sometimes log in to my steam account so I can revive myself!

Too many people :heart: the death penalty for it to change much. I don’t see why we need it at all, but apparently some people die and say “*@&% what’s this?!? No penalty for dying???” if you don’t have one.

I wonder why it was implemented in the first place too. The respawning away from where you died is punishment enough in my book :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I would consider changes to this only really if they look at fixing the worlds and monsters on them. I think some of the planets or exo designs are off on how hard some of the monsters are. I get the need for hard planets but a simple linear scale really makes so much of this game inaccessible to people. I just never understood why an EXO or certain really cool planets always have to be hard and the boring simple planets be easy. It is so messed up.

In other words - I MISS ELOPOR!!!

1 Like

Elopor was a great world. I settled there right before the launch. I miss it too

1 Like

Would not want to see this happen. Way to easy to die from one shots on most of my characters.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I wish i had the points to spare in more of my builds.

1 Like