Changing from Gleam Club to Beacon Fuel

If a player decides to no longer purchase gleam club how do they transition back to beacon fuel? If they place beacon fuel into a beacon that is covered by Gleam Club does the beacon fuel start counting down then or when the gleam club expires?

Should a player wait until maybe the last week of Gleam Club and then fuel the beacon so it last after the gleam club expires?

2 Likes

That’s a good question.
I don’t think you can currently put normal fuel in a Gleam-Club-powered beacon, so when the Gleam Club ends, you basically have to be right there to immediately re-fuel it…

If your response it true then that is really a shame. Seems like a players builds and resources are kind of held ransom at that point.

1 Like

I believe when Gleam Club expires, you have an additional 7 days to fuel your beacons before they run out.

I don’t know if adding standard fuels before it runs out will affect that though. I still have too many weeks left to be able to test it.

1 Like

When mine ran out accidently all my beacons automatically had 7 days fuel left before they expired

5 Likes

Ah, that’s reassuring.

I just made the TERRIBLE mistake of trying to put a greater fuel in my beacon with 27 weeks left of Gleam Club.
I don’t know what I was expecting, but it ate up the greater fuel and did nothing.
Kinda mad about that… :fearful:

I’m surprised I didn’t get a pop-up saying “that’s not going to work!”…

1 Like

all my beacons have different expiring time (I am GC): so, I tend to think that when you purchase GC, the time you buy it for is added to each beacon fuel left, thus creating different expiry dates (although all beyond actual GC)

That is interesting. I just checked and all my beacons have the same expiry dates. Maybe because I had gleam club before placing any of them?

1 Like

Eventually they will all have the same time. The beacon fuel you put in there is added to the gc time tho they tick down together so when the beacon fuel you originally used is gone it’ll show your gc remaining time. That’s also why is GC members get low beacon warning when the fuel is switching from basic fuel or GC fuel. An easy way around this is to use a campfire first then the beacon since you won’t need to put fuel in the beacon.

1 Like

Owning 2 months of Gleam Club is equivalent to having 2 months of fuel in your beacon.

You can still put fuel in the beacon.
If you then put a Greater Beacon Fuel into a beacon it will fuel the beacon up to 16 weeks.

All beacons are protected by 2 months of Gleam Club, but this beacon has 4 months of fuel.

9 Likes

I would say that is why. I got the free month trial when I bought the game and then my son and I would run around to our outposts and refuel any we had. He quit playing for a while and I can’t and wouldn’t go to some of the remote places, refuse to go to Till.

He is a jerk (I still love him despite that, :slight_smile: ) and wouldn’t go to one of mine as he goes I shouldn’t have left anything important, so when a couple ran out before others and I lost stuff, not of real value, but it was the principle of the thing, Dang it! I bought GC. I’m thinking like others, I have different dates on some beacons.

Sadly, I have some beacons that are still burning and I really, really need to hunt them down, but some are in alts names and I keep forgetting to take that alt there to remove the beacon.

Because I have so many beacons on outposts, I have to have GC and I like not having to worry about a beacon running out, you do get some time, don’t know exact, so going with I have 7 days but I don’t chance it, I take out GC three days before it expires. It does add to the time, so if I renew my GC and I have one week, it will add to that one week.

Thinking of either the time coming up, or the next time of paying for a year and I won’t have to worry and give the devs time to make changes to see if I still want to continue players. The only other reason to keep it and visit weekly is for the guild I am part of. I can do some little things to help them if I stay.
Kinda sad in a way that my true loyalty is to the guild, not the game.

But don’t you think there should be a fail-safe to prevent you from putting a Greater Beacon Fuel into a beacon that is already fuelled by Gleam Club for more than 16 weeks?
As I just experienced, you can do that, and it just wastes the Greater Beacon Fuel.

Is there even a reason why Beacon Fuel doesn’t say how long it lasts in its tooltip?
BeaconFuelTooltip

1 Like

This especially. If you have a new player this is very useful information to have.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d say that looks like something really simple to add, too. Couldn’t it be squeezed in the farming update, @james ?

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s related, but there was a problem with a tutorial objective

• Fuel your beacon

If you had GC on, you couldn’t add fuel and you’d be stuck. I’m not sure what the solution to that was.

I never ran into that problem when I started. But a lot of things have changed since then so could be a newish bug. I can start a new character and see what happens

I meant that the solution to that bug might’ve been to allow fueling a beacon even though you have cg on it. Related to this suggestion.